Reload this Page >

Renewing UK passport from USA as naturalised US citizen

Renewing UK passport from USA as naturalised US citizen

Old Nov 17th 2016, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Faery is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Renewing UK passport from USA as naturalised US citizen

Originally Posted by IMWNYC
Thanks to everyone for your advice, one last question , what is the delivery method you used to send all the info ( passport etc..) to the UK. I was going to use a FEDEX package requiring signature. thx Iain.
I renewed mine from the USA and I used FEDEX with no problems.
Old Nov 18th 2016, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to everyone for your advice, one last question , what is the delivery method you used to send all the info ( passport etc..) to the UK. I was going to use a FEDEX package requiring signature. thx Iain.
I used USPS Flat Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope which, like UPS and FedEx, tracks the whole way and requires a receiving signature.
Old Nov 18th 2016, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Just use your US passport.
You should be using your US passport to leave and enter the US anyway.
Old Nov 18th 2016, 5:15 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
You should be using are required to use your US passport to leave and enter the US anyway.
FIFY
Old Nov 28th 2016, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

IMWNYC is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you everyone for your advice and contributions. I ended up renewing as an overseas candidate. It took 2 days to get to the UK via FEDEX and within 2 days the passportapplication.service.gov.uk went from accepted to dispatched and I received both old/new passports 2 days later. 1 week turnaround !!
Old Nov 28th 2016, 3:16 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone for your advice and contributions. I ended up renewing as an overseas candidate. It took 2 days to get to the UK via FEDEX and within 2 days the passportapplication.service.gov.uk went from accepted to dispatched and I received both old/new passports 2 days later. 1 week turnaround! .....
Wow, that's awesome.
Old Dec 11th 2016, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

JG1991 is an unknown quantity at this point

Since many of you have recently had successful passport renewals I was wondering where you got your pictures taken? Did you use a grey background or a white one? Did you send US size pictures or UK size?
All of the posts I have seen on the matter are a couple of years old now so I would like updated information. Thanks!
Old Dec 11th 2016, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by JG1991
Since many of you have recently had successful passport renewals I was wondering where you got your pictures taken? Did you use a grey background or a white one? Did you send US size pictures or UK size?
All of the posts I have seen on the matter are a couple of years old now so I would like updated information. Thanks!
Look for threads including the word "passport" and there should be at least four this year discussing pictures - I know because I renewed my passport in the spring and have discussed pictures at least four times since then, and quite possibly half a dozen times.

Some people report that some Walgreens can do UK spec pictures, as apparently can AAA. I just got US spec pictures and cropped them by hand to the UK's required dimensions. My passport took eight days to come back (sent and received in the UK).
Old Dec 11th 2016, 3:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering where you got your pictures taken? Did you use a grey background or a white one? Did you send US size pictures or UK size?
Walmart, white background, US size. Not an issue.

Ian
Old Dec 12th 2016, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

My wife renewed her UK passport a few months back. She got EU size passport photos at Walgreens.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Picture taken at home on plain cream background, printed at costco using epassportphoto.com. Cost all of 20c. Can produce UK or US sized photo. This was last year.