Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Renewing UK drivers license.

Renewing UK drivers license.

Old Sep 26th 2011, 1:31 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing UK drivers license.

Originally Posted by ljaw2002uk
It would be extremely difficult to make a case that I have broken the law. Who decides where I reside but me? You know as well as I do it could never be sucessfully brought to court. The whole subject is daft.
My cousin who at the time was a traffic officer with Thames Valley did in fact over the course of a few months, stop and take to court 140 members of the travelling community for numerous traffic offences including driving with an invalid licence by way of the address on them not being their current residence.

He was trying to annoy the traffic C/I who had told him he wasn't reporting enough people for traffic offences.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

Damagya will become famous soon enough

I was looking into this yesterday. You can order the form but not to overseas stick with your familys uk address its the fastest and easiest way around it
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Damagya
I was looking into this yesterday. You can order the form but not to overseas stick with your familys uk address its the fastest and easiest way around it
You are advising people to lie on a government document. Well done.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Wink Re: Renewing UK drivers license.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You are advising people to lie on a government document. Well done.
Technically not lieing if you use that address when you stay in the UK Technically
Old Nov 9th 2011, 10:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Technically not lieing if you use that address when you stay in the UK Technically
It doesn't make any difference which way you try to spin it...lying on a government document is illegal.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Jerseygirl;9723924]It doesn't make any difference which way you try to spin it...lying on a government document is illegal.[/QUOTE

I know its not right but people will try to circumvent the system to get what they need just looking at both sides of the coin. I am in the same position at the mo i need to renew my licence but cant if i followed my advice i could but as yet havent. i dont forsee me needing my uk license again so again i am showing a way to do it just not myself. As you pointed out it is illegal and if someone does choose to do it its their risk
Old Nov 9th 2011, 10:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I know its not right but people will try to circumvent the system to get what they need just looking at both sides of the coin. I am in the same position at the mo i need to renew my licence but cant if i followed my advice i could but as yet havent. i dont forsee me needing my uk license again so again i am showing a way to do it just not myself. As you pointed out it is illegal and if someone does choose to do it its their risk
If you have a US DL you don't need a UK DL. Keep it and if you return to live in the UK the DVLA will issue you with a new one. It's as simple as that.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 11:03 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

People always use the term "technically" when they want to avoid using the real term: "actually".

Ian