Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Renewing Green Card

Renewing Green Card

Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:07 am
Just Joined

Matthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really nice
Default Renewing Green Card

I have a 2 year permanent resident card due to expire in 7 months, and was wondering how easy / complicated people found when renewing theirs. So far my passport and green card stuff has been easy, but made complicated by the fact that a lot of people working for the INS don't seem to know what they're doing, sending me the wrong paperwork, tell me to go pick up my green card from an office and then inform me it's in the mail after I've waited there 45 minutes etc.

I came here on a fiance visa, got married, and got my green card through that.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:12 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing Green Card

Originally Posted by Matthew2
I have a 2 year permanent resident card due to expire in 7 months, and was wondering how easy / complicated people found when renewing theirs. So far my passport and green card stuff has been easy, but made complicated by the fact that a lot of people working for the INS don't seem to know what they're doing, sending me the wrong paperwork, tell me to go pick up my green card from an office and then inform me it's in the mail after I've waited there 45 minutes etc.

Better to ask this sort of question in the US MArriage Based Immigration Forum.

But do a search first as this has been covered sooooooooo many times. I assume you are a conditional PR, i.e. want to file to remove conditions. I believe it is form I-751 you want - check it out at www.uscis.gov.

Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:14 am
Just Joined

Matthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really nice

thanks
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:37 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It's easy, fill in forms and provide evidence...just read the forms and fill 'em in and pay the money, and unless your unlucky, there isn't an interview...but you have to file within the 90 day before the card expires, not before.

But you'll find all the info and the like in the marriage based forums
Old Jan 29th 2007, 2:56 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matthew2

Search on the US Marriage Based forum about "filing" "I-751". There's lots of threads on that.

I'm closing this thread.

NC Penguin