Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Renewal EAD...

Renewal EAD...

Old Jan 16th 2007, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

carpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to all
Default Renewal EAD...

My husband's EAD expires in the End of February. We applied for the renewal EAD on October 23rd 06. and He had his biometrics done in december. But we still haven't received any thing.....
today I was reading at USCIS website and it says:
Employment Authorization

U.S. employers must check to make sure all employees, regardless of citizenship or national origin, are allowed to work in the United States. If you are not a citizen or a lawful permanent resident, you may need to apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) to prove you may work in the United States.
USCIS issues Employment Authorization Documents (EAD) in the following categories:
  • EAD: This document proves you are allowed to work in the United States.
  • Renewal EAD: You should apply for a renewal EAD six months before your original EAD expires.
  • Replacement EAD: This document replaces a lost, stolen, or mutilated EAD. A replacement EAD also replaces an EAD that was issued with incorrect information, such as a misspelled name.
  • Interim EAD: If USCIS does not approve or deny your EAD application within 90 days (within 30 days for an asylum applicant; note: asylum applicants are eligible to file for EADs only after waiting 150 days from the date they filed their properly completed original asylum applications), you may request an interim EAD document.
I didnt know we should have applied 6 months ago???????

Thanks,

Sanna
Old Jan 16th 2007, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

aireybollox is just really niceaireybollox is just really niceaireybollox is just really niceaireybollox is just really niceaireybollox is just really niceaireybollox is just really niceaireybollox is just really niceaireybollox is just really nice
Default Re: Renewal EAD...

Nor did I. I was always told I would have to wait 90 days.

I got my first notice of action on November 8th, then Biometrics on December 15th. I've heard nothing too.

As our EADs are renewals, you would think it would arrive in a week or so! After all, it only takes about ten minutes to print a card! My old EAD runs out at the end of January and so I guess I'll be taking unpaid leave for a while!
Old Jan 16th 2007, 2:04 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carpdiem
My husband's EAD expires in the End of February. We applied for the renewal EAD on October 23rd 06. and He had his biometrics done in december. But we still haven't received any thing.....
today I was reading at USCIS website and it says:
Employment Authorization

U.S. employers must check to make sure all employees, regardless of citizenship or national origin, are allowed to work in the United States. If you are not a citizen or a lawful permanent resident, you may need to apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) to prove you may work in the United States.
USCIS issues Employment Authorization Documents (EAD) in the following categories:
  • EAD: This document proves you are allowed to work in the United States.
  • Renewal EAD: You should apply for a renewal EAD six months before your original EAD expires.
  • Replacement EAD: This document replaces a lost, stolen, or mutilated EAD. A replacement EAD also replaces an EAD that was issued with incorrect information, such as a misspelled name.
  • Interim EAD: If USCIS does not approve or deny your EAD application within 90 days (within 30 days for an asylum applicant; note: asylum applicants are eligible to file for EADs only after waiting 150 days from the date they filed their properly completed original asylum applications), you may request an interim EAD document.
I didnt know we should have applied 6 months ago???????

Thanks,

Sanna
Hi:

The law and regulations give DHS 90 days. Make an InfoPass appointment to get an interim EAD. They can no longer issue the actual EAD at the local district, but they CAN jump on Service Center to get one issued. You may want to do it about 2 weeks before expiry.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

carpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The law and regulations give DHS 90 days. Make an InfoPass appointment to get an interim EAD. They can no longer issue the actual EAD at the local district, but they CAN jump on Service Center to get one issued. You may want to do it about 2 weeks before expiry.
Thanks for the reply.
When I go to the website to make infopass appointment in Albany district office, if I choose the reason of appointment as :
"It has been more than 90 days since you filed an I-765 and you did not receive an Employment Authorization Card."

then I get this message:

"At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later. "

But if i choose any other reason for appointment it takes me to the form to enter my informations.... Anyone knows what that means?
or shoild I just make an appointment for any other reason there?

Thanks,

Sanna
Old Jan 16th 2007, 3:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply.
When I go to the website to make infopass appointment in Albany district office, if I choose the reason of appointment as :
"It has been more than 90 days since you filed an I-765 and you did not receive an Employment Authorization Card."

then I get this message:

"At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later. "

But if i choose any other reason for appointment it takes me to the form to enter my informations.... Anyone knows what that means?
or shoild I just make an appointment for any other reason there?

Thanks,

Sanna
Hi Sanna,

Keep trying to make an appointment for the correct issue (EAD). Just keep trying, an appointment will open up. Try logging on in early morning or late night, that also seems to help.

Rene
Old Jan 16th 2007, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

It might be worth the effort to contact your congressional immigrations liason. Mine was a great help in getting "lost" paper work found and back in the system.

t
Old Jan 16th 2007, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

jimothy is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably an obvious point but make sure when you get an appointment that it is actually more than 90 days since your receipt date, you're somewhere in the 80s at the moment by my atrocious maths.

Jim
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

My USCIS center website doesnot let me make an infopass appointment if I pick the reason to be "not recieved EAD and it has been over 90 days" no matter what time of the day I try... If I pick any other reason, infopass form comes up. So I am wondering if Albany, NY is just not giving infopass appointment for this reason??

Also checked the status of the case and it says:

"On October 30, 2006, we received this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Missouri service center? I mailed the documents to Chicago Lockbox? and how do i check the processing date for Missouri? It doesnt even come up in the service center pick box??

Thanks,

Sanna
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

aireybollox is just really niceaireybollox is just really niceaireybollox is just really niceaireybollox is just really niceaireybollox is just really niceaireybollox is just really niceaireybollox is just really niceaireybollox is just really nice

Seems like the Missouri service center is the same as the National Benefits center...and this is the link to their processing dates....

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/js...cesstimes.jsp?

I submitted my application to Chicago too.

As far as being unable to book an Infopass appointment, the advice I was given on this from a previous forum is to try and book times, first thing in the morning or late at night. You'll get in eventually.

What amazes me about attending the infopass appointment is that its hard to get a time, yet the waiting room is always practically empty (this is Charlotte, North Carolina).

Best of luck. Do post when you get your EAD. My 90 days is up on Feb 8th, its my 1st renewal and I had fingerprints on Dec 15th.

AB
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:15 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

My USCIS center website doesnot let me make an infopass appointment if I pick the reason to be "not recieved EAD and it has been over 90 days" no matter what time of the day I try... If I pick any other reason, infopass form comes up. So I am wondering if Albany, NY is just not giving infopass appointment for this reason??

Sanna
Just pick any option to make an Infopass appointment, eg "I need to speak to an immigration officer".
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Elvira
Just pick any option to make an Infopass appointment, eg "I need to speak to an immigration officer".
Sanna, let us know how your infopass goes. I have mine next Tuesday which will be day 91 for me. I'm hoping they're not too difficult about it.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Folinskyinla

I've noticed you mention a few times now that the law and regulations give DHS 90 days to process I765. I have been told my my congresswoman's immigration counsel that there is no guarantee and that in my case I have to just accept that it may take a couple of weeks longer than that. Is there any particular regulation or law that I can reference to explain that they really do need to do it within 90 days?

Thanks in advance, Jim
Old Jan 25th 2007, 4:20 pm
Qooraf

so what is best time frame to apply for EAD renewal?

Old Feb 5th 2007, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jimothy
Sanna, let us know how your infopass goes. I have mine next Tuesday which will be day 91 for me. I'm hoping they're not too difficult about it.
We went to our infopass apoointment last week and the immigration officer looked up my husband's A# and said that EAD case was touched on 01/24/07 but she doesnt have access to information that what happened... she sent out an email to the processing center while we were there and told us that processing center is suppose to response within 10 days after getting her email... and hopefully we should have it soon and we should make another infopass appointment if my husband doesnt hear anything in 10 days....
today is the 6th day...and we havent heard anything yet.....

-Sanna
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sanna, not to put a damper on things, but since his biometrics were in December, I'd count 90 days from that date and expect it sometime around then. Seems that many times they don't actually start the 90-day count until after biometrics are done. I do hope you get it sooner though.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.