Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Reminder about claiming fuel surcharge refund

Reminder about claiming fuel surcharge refund

Old Aug 14th 2011, 10:32 pm
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reminder about claiming fuel surcharge refund

If you flew longhaul on BA or Virgin round about 2004-2006 you may be entitled to claim a partial refund of the fuel surcharge via a class action lawsuit. BA & Virgin were found guilty of colluding to artificially increase the fuel surcharge so anyone who qualifies can get some of their money back.

You do not need to know the flight numbers or dates, if you don't have this information you can claim by using your frequent flyer number or the number of the passport you used to fly (remember it may not be your current passport).

As I'm in the UK I've only got the UK website but Googling from the US will probably bring up the US site (probably as below with dot com on the end!) The UK one is:

https://www.airpassengerrefund.co.uk/

It is definitely is worth applying. I applied before the case was settled and shortly after the settlement I received a cheque for £42 (covered both DH and I). I urged my mum to claim, she wasn't sure if she'd get anything either, she claimed about 6 months ago and just told me that last week she got a cheque for £30.

Deadline to claim is 31st December 2012. You can ask for a claim form to be sent or apply online. It's dead easy.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all
Default Re: Reminder about claiming fuel surcharge refund

Originally Posted by Squirrel
If you flew longhaul on BA or Virgin round about 2004-2006 you may be entitled to claim a partial refund of the fuel surcharge via a class action lawsuit. BA & Virgin were found guilty of colluding to artificially increase the fuel surcharge so anyone who qualifies can get some of their money back.

You do not need to know the flight numbers or dates, if you don't have this information you can claim by using your frequent flyer number or the number of the passport you used to fly (remember it may not be your current passport).

As I'm in the UK I've only got the UK website but Googling from the US will probably bring up the US site (probably as below with dot com on the end!) The UK one is:

https://www.airpassengerrefund.co.uk/

It is definitely is worth applying. I applied before the case was settled and shortly after the settlement I received a cheque for £42 (covered both DH and I). I urged my mum to claim, she wasn't sure if she'd get anything either, she claimed about 6 months ago and just told me that last week she got a cheque for £30.

Deadline to claim is 31st December 2012. You can ask for a claim form to be sent or apply online. It's dead easy.
thanks, think I flew BA in early 2006 so submitted one just to see, as i really cant remmeber the exact dates of travel.