Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

relocation from london to nyc - advice please

relocation from london to nyc - advice please

Old Jun 30th 2011, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

Tyrone is just really niceTyrone is just really niceTyrone is just really niceTyrone is just really niceTyrone is just really niceTyrone is just really niceTyrone is just really niceTyrone is just really nice
Default Re: relocation from london to nyc - advice please

At least they don't put fricking pictures of themselves on the ads in england though

Hi

Estate agents post their picture so that clients are comfortable when they meet (trust me, they don't really like to do it but it is safer for all) and know they are the legitimate. It has been known that some scam artists have posed as an agent to get cash deposits/rob clients but probably where you are from everyone is honest and on the up and up!
Old Jun 30th 2011, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LillyRobeson
I won't be paying tax!
You're not Christine Lagarde are you?
Old Jun 30th 2011, 3:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tyrone
At least they don't put fricking pictures of themselves on the ads in england though

Hi

Estate agents post their picture so that clients are comfortable when they meet (trust me, they don't really like to do it but it is safer for all) and know they are the legitimate. It has been known that some scam artists have posed as an agent to get cash deposits/rob clients but probably where you are from everyone is honest and on the up and up!
Usually the photos bare no resemblance to the actual person to the person in the cheesy photo. You meet a 50 something realtor...the pic was taken 30 years ago.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

LillyRobeson is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tyrone

Hi

Oh, so that's the reason why they do it! Thanks for clearing that one up then

I'd personally rely on somethign a little more sophisticated than a cheesy photo to figure if something is legit or not before handing over my cash.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rpjs
You're not Christine Lagarde are you?
Wild horses wouldnt make me give up London for DC, not even control of the world economy!

Nope, just potentially a small cog in the bloated behemoth overlooking the East River

Last edited by LillyRobeson; Jun 30th 2011 at 3:25 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Usually the photos bare no resemblance to the actual person to the person in the cheesy photo. You meet a 50 something realtor...the pic was taken 30 years ago.
No exaggeration, a realtor of about 50+ was touting for business in our street recently, the card literally had her high school photo on it.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

anuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud of

I won't be paying tax!
UN
Old Jun 30th 2011, 10:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anuny
UN
That's what I was thinking...The Useless Nations.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That's what I was thinking...The Useless Nations.
I ain't feeling the love
Old Jun 30th 2011, 11:07 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I ain't feeling the love
Sheesh, don't blame ya!
Old Jun 30th 2011, 11:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I ain't feeling the love
You'll get used to us...we like to lark around.

Originally Posted by meauxna
Sheesh, don't blame ya!
Now you know we're only joking...and as a Brit LillyRobeson will get the humour...so stop stirring.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 30th 2011 at 11:11 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Blimey, you should hear what people who work there actually say about it! This is nothing
Old Jun 30th 2011, 11:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Blimey, you should hear what people who work there actually say about it! This is nothing
Old Jul 1st 2011, 2:11 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

(my young love-that-got-away ended up working for them in Europe.. and my mother said he'd never amount to anything! He's married to a fabulous, gorgeous physician, living the good life... it shoulda been me!)
Old Jul 1st 2011, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.unis.org/admissions/tuition__fees/index.aspx

This is a pretty good school, most UN children go there.

Reg. Frank R.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.