Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Relocating to Seattle and renting accomodation with cats

Relocating to Seattle and renting accomodation with cats

Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

yishyosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocating to Seattle and renting accomodation with cats

Does anyone have any stories on relocating to Seattle with cats (up to 3), specifically any difficulties with renting accomodation? I read, typically, they have to be kept indoors rather than outdoors killing stuff.

Thx
Old Oct 28th 2004, 1:41 am
"Ted You Big Bollocks"

justboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Relocating to Seattle and renting accomodation with cats

Originally Posted by yishyosh
Does anyone have any stories on relocating to Seattle with cats (up to 3), specifically any difficulties with renting accomodation? I read, typically, they have to be kept indoors rather than outdoors killing stuff.

Thx

Can't speak for Seattle, but generally when renting, especially with an apartment, you will have to pay a pet application fee, a deposit and a monthly fee per cat.

My wife and i actually looked into this at the weekend.....it will cost us $100 for the application (non refundable), $200 deposit (refundable) and a $20 fee per month per cat.

I know a few ppl who have also expereinced the exact same with different management companies!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 1:54 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't know about over seattle, but here, it's another months deposit on top of the normal deposit, which ain't refundable....which was weird...

Though itwould all depend on what your looking for, a house, apartment, complex etc..
Old Oct 28th 2004, 6:40 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yishyosh

Thx
I highly recommend seattle.craigslist.org for housing shopping + other ways to connect with the community.
Plan on finding restrictions re: renting to cats.
Keeping them indoors is more for the safety of the cats than any critters them might, um, harm.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 7:38 pm
Bishop John MightBe

MightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
I highly recommend seattle.craigslist.org for housing shopping + other ways to connect with the community.
Plan on finding restrictions re: renting to cats.
Keeping them indoors is more for the safety of the cats than any critters them might, um, harm.
Don't we know a Dave W in Seattle. he likes to help people.