Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Recording departure from the US after the fact

Recording departure from the US after the fact

Old Nov 29th 2008, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recording departure from the US after the fact

I had to leave the US in a hurry for an emergency (same day flight), and in the haste to catch the 'plane (the gate was closed, but I managed to beg my way through customs) my white I-94 didn't get taken / handed in.

I've got the info on what to send and where to send it all to, but just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Did you get notification the INS received your info and I-94? Is there anything I should worry about?

Thanks
Old Nov 29th 2008, 11:16 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recording departure from the US after the fact

Originally Posted by Mandana
Did you get notification the INS received your info and I-94? Is there anything I should worry about?
They won't send you confirmation. Next time you go through, take the copy you made of the I-94 and proof of posting to London, KY (you did make them, didn't you?), as well as proof you were elsewhere just after you'd left -- e.g. credit card bills for tea and anchovy toast at Fortnum's.

Said evidence to be provided only if specifically asked.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
They won't send you confirmation. Next time you go through, take the copy you made of the I-94 and proof of posting to London, KY (you did make them, didn't you?), as well as proof you were elsewhere just after you'd left -- e.g. credit card bills for tea and anchovy toast at Fortnum's.

Said evidence to be provided only if specifically asked.
I haven't sent it yet - just doing the paperwork now.

Thanks for suggesting I get a PoP - feel a bit dumb for not thinking of that myself. Excuse is I've got lots on my plate ATM.

No such luck having tea and toast at Fortnums. Although I did manage a cuppa in Tescos one day! I know how to live the life me lol

Thanks for your advice. Cheers
Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandana
I haven't sent it yet - just doing the paperwork now.

Thanks for suggesting I get a PoP - feel a bit dumb for not thinking of that myself. Excuse is I've got lots on my plate ATM.

No such luck having tea and toast at Fortnums. Although I did manage a cuppa in Tescos one day! I know how to live the life me lol

Thanks for your advice. Cheers
Sounds like you're having some difficulties - sorry for that.

Glad you've got your departure problem figured out
Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tracym
Sounds like you're having some difficulties - sorry for that.

Glad you've got your departure problem figured out
Thanks Tracy.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:16 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

We had a similar problem when we came through JFK at New Year, they didn't take my son's I94 out of his passport.

I did what others have suggested, wrote a letter, enclosed the I94, along with a letter from school saying that he was back at school, along with his boarding card from the flight and the connecting flight from LHR-LBA.

I sent mine DHL, mainly because I'm one of lifes worriers and I wanted Proof of delivery, and photocopied everything. When we went back in June I took copies of everything in case of any problems, but it was all fine.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

By coincidence my OH called me from DFW this afternoon on his way to Milan saying that his I94 was at home and that I'd need to send it off (it's usually stapled in but we took it out when he had to send passport in to get a visa for China)...so thanks for the reminders of what to do