Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Record Temps in Blighty

Record Temps in Blighty

Old Aug 10th 2003, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Record Temps in Blighty

Must suck to have no air con!

Britain recorded its first ever temp above 100 today at Heathrow airport. I just stepped outside here in AZ and its around 105 at 12pm. Of course, I just stepped back into the 72 degree air conditioned house straight after

P.S. I'm on week 4 and still havent worn anything other than shorts
Old Aug 10th 2003, 7:31 pm
Go RedSox!

MrsLondon is an unknown quantity at this point

You're telling me! I'm in London and we're dying! Went to the cinema with my mum (hubby's taking a vacation with his folks in Boston)--lovely in there with the air conditioning. The usherette came up to us as we were sitting watching the end titles and asked if we were staying for the next showing. We felt like saying yes, just to stay cool! Boston is not as bad as this, I was there just a few days ago. It's our pets I feel sorry for, with their little fur coats!
Old Aug 10th 2003, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

debs36 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes it is steaming!!

My kids busted there paddling pool-but there doesnt seem to be any left in the shops!!!!!!!!!!! not even a water pistol or blaster to be seen.

Help!!
Old Aug 10th 2003, 11:13 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

I am truly thankful I am on the American continent where air conditioning is everywhere.
Must be a nightmare to try and get to sleep in weather like that, fans or no fans.
Old Aug 10th 2003, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

debs36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by nathan barley
I am truly thankful I am on the American continent where air conditioning is everywhere.
Must be a nightmare to try and get to sleep in weather like that, fans or no fans.

Funny enough - my 4 year old is still up now (it killing me!) and the time is ..........12.25am.......... shes eating her 5th ice lolly!
Old Aug 10th 2003, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

RaymanInPA is an unknown quantity at this point

Whenever I speak to people over there they cant help but point out how blistering the weather is. I feel this is ironic sitting in 78 degrees Pennsy with the rain pouring down today. In the middle of August.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

112 here today according to the weather channel.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 1:04 am
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by debs36
Funny enough - my 4 year old is still up now (it killing me!) and the time is ..........12.25am.......... shes eating her 5th ice lolly!
It's not as warm in NYC tonight, but plenty humid so I'm having a delicious dunkin donuts lemon ice coolada, sooooooo good.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 2:53 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Question The Flip Side of a Hot US Summer!

Originally posted by nathan barley
And there's probably a considerable number of Americans who can't afford to have or run air conditioning throughout the summer too...

NC Penguin
Old Aug 11th 2003, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Red face

Not too bad up north, poured with rain this am, that killed off the heat for Sunday. Not looking forward to high heat in London Wednesday for the interview though lol.

As an aside, they showed the cricket from Worcester on Sat, the temp recorded at New Road ground was 43.3* C / 110* F so the unoffical temps have been even higher
Old Aug 11th 2003, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrsLondon
You're telling me! I'm in London and we're dying! Went to the cinema with my mum (hubby's taking a vacation with his folks in Boston)--lovely in there with the air conditioning. The usherette came up to us as we were sitting watching the end titles and asked if we were staying for the next showing. We felt like saying yes, just to stay cool! Boston is not as bad as this, I was there just a few days ago. It's our pets I feel sorry for, with their little fur coats!
I do not get you guys, people always moan about the cold and grey weather in the UK, Now it is 100F and people are still complaining.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 11:25 am
Go RedSox!

MrsLondon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by veryfunny
I do not get you guys, people always moan about the cold and grey weather in the UK, Now it is 100F and people are still complaining.
Well, I have thin blood, I can't take it either too cold or too hot! Would suit me if it always stayed between 55 and 75!
Old Aug 11th 2003, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Jo Brayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi temps

well here in yorkshire it unofficially read 106 outside! It wavered between 100 and 106 for most of Saturday. It was 84 after dark.
The bad thing is, not only is there no A/C but the humidity is in the high 80% range, so it is sweltering! Bring on the DRY heat of Texas!!
Old Aug 11th 2003, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

jemstar is an unknown quantity at this point

20 past midnight and I'm gonna go and sit in my air-conditioned car. Gawd bless car a/c.

Who'da thought it eh? Good old Blightly too hot to think.....

Don't forget that you can get a free sauna on the Tube. Just get on any train....
Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:31 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hi temps

Originally posted by Jo Brayne
Bring on the DRY heat of Texas!!
Hope Bedford is well away from Houston - we've just had a nice thunderstorm that cleared the air and cooled things down a bit, but we've still got over 90F and 83% humidity at 8.30pm! Mid afternoon its well over 110 and 95 according to our local weather station (ie - our back garden thermometer/hygrometer). The weather stations do a heat index of how it actually feels (combines I think temperature and humidity) and that has been well over 110 most of the last week. Not nice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.