Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Received Denial of Petition yesterday, Now WhaT?

Received Denial of Petition yesterday, Now WhaT?

Old Oct 20th 2002, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

NormaJeanne is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Received Denial of Petition yesterday, Now WhaT?

Denial received......

It seems my worries were justified because I received a denial of my 129F petition yesterday.
Unfortunately the problem was a communication deficiency ON MY PART and I should have sent another copy of my 1974 divoce drecree when it was mentioned as being needed. When sending in all of the initial information I had placed the decree in the envelope. When receiving the request for a photo of the two of us together in the US and proof of my freedom to marry. The decree from my recent divorce had been accepted. The county was the same, and the forms were together. I assumed the first had overlooked . Since it was said that whatever was submitted at that time would be used for the final decision and all the pertinent information would be used. I submitted the photo and a time line of our relationship and decided that that should be sufficient for approval, especially since I as sure that the 1974 decree was in the original submitted material. I assumed that with the extra caution and precautions taken with the increased security that a major purpose for sending this requst was to confirm my address and our having met in person. In a word, I was stupid and, of course, in retrospect realize I should have resubmitted the first decree copy. I called and called and asked about why it was taking so long and asked if it might be the problem of the divorce decree and I was told,by many people, that if anything else were needed they would inform me. Now what to do? I took out the orininal decree again, copied it, and sent it to Nebraska yesterday by regular mail. I'll phone Nebraska tomorrow and see if I will need to refile, file a formal appeal, or what?
Can anyone give me some information or advice from the trenches. I feel totally awful!

IF THIS HAS TO BE INITIATED ALL OVER AGAIN CAN MY FIANCE TRAVEL ? It is going on nine months since the original material was submitted
Thanks
NJ

John is in Cheshire and I am a MInnesota resident.