Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Received 221(g)... Does anyone know what "FPV" means?

Received 221(g)... Does anyone know what "FPV" means?

Old Sep 6th 2002, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

teamplayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Received 221(g)... Does anyone know what "FPV" means?

Our case is under Administrative Review since August at Mumbai. After the interview my fiance was handed out with form I-194 with "Other" option checked and underneath its handwritten "Your case is kept for administrative review. we will contact you." The 221(g) option is NOT checked but they marked my fiance passport with 221(g) stamp.

Somewhere in the middle of that form its handwritten FPV in bold letters. Does anyone know what FPV means???
Old Sep 7th 2002, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

amys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Received 221(g)... Does anyone know what "FPV" means?

Originally posted by teamplayer:
Our case is under Administrative Review since August at Mumbai. After the interview my fiance was handed out with form I-194 with "Other" option checked and underneath its handwritten "Your case is kept for administrative review. we will contact you." The 221(g) option is NOT checked but they marked my fiance passport with 221(g) stamp.

Somewhere in the middle of that form its handwritten FPV in bold letters. Does anyone know what FPV means???
To the teamplayer traveling on the same boat of misery--mumbai victims/prisoners(hopefully soon survivors)

I am not sure what this means, i have been trying to search everywhere for you on what this abbreviation is. I have an idea but I afraid it might get alot of us worried. I don't know if I should guess and cause trouble and more headaches/heartaches. Oh heck I will say what I am thinking it could be fraud prevention, the (V) i don't know what this is. This is my opinion, don't take it as being right. It shows that I might not know what I am talking about when I don't know the (V) letter. This was my first impression. Maybe someone else will give you a better answer. I know I will be corrected soon if I am wrong.

Or in a better term it might be the consulars initials, so he can get some credit that he put peoples lives on review. It could just might be his initials or hers.

Then again we will never know what it means cause they have there own terminolgy and ways of communicating. I think we will never know what is going on behind the scences.

Did the consular ever mention during the interview that he doesn't believe your story or even mentioned if you guys are lying. This is getting me real scared now cause everyone who is asking for help is definately legit and they can't even see this. It really hurts me that this is nonsense and unjust. We should not have to go through this mess. It really upsets me that this is UNNECCESARY unfair treatment. I hate the fact they can put our lives on indefinate hold and not have the decent courtesy to say why we are under review. Everyday is misery for me. Hell on earth!!

amy
Old Sep 10th 2002, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

mdmd101 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's FPU no FPV. FPU would stand for fraud prevention unit. -- This is just a guess not a statement of fact.

MD
Old Sep 10th 2002, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

mdmd101 is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife's first 221(g) where the Consul wrote down a long list of evidence to bring contains in the middle of the form in large bold handwriting FPU.

There is no such notation on the second 221(g) letter where they checked 221(g) and wrote "administrative processing, we will contact you." --this letter was given after we provided the Consulate with EACH and EVERY item listed on the first 221(g) letter. Thank god, I didn't destroy wedding pictures from my prior marriages.

I don't think this is anything to worry about as my 221(g) has the same notations.

MD