Reload this Page >

Really confused - moving to Florida

Really confused - moving to Florida

Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

gizmocat is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Really confused - moving to Florida

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are keen to move to the US.

His parents spend 8 months a year in Florida (not permanant residents) and own 2 companies over there. They are hoping their Green Card app will go through this year.

Whilst they are not US citizens, they do employ staff in their companies (all US staff so far).

How would we stand if one of the companies was to offer us sponsored employment? We would also be offered a place to live as part of this deal.

If it did go ahead, how long would we need to work for their company before we started to seek other employment in the US?

Many thanks for any help you can offer.....
Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:16 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Really confused - moving to Florida

Originally Posted by gizmocat
Hi,

My boyfriend and I are keen to move to the US.

His parents spend 8 months a year in Florida (not permanant residents) and own 2 companies over there. They are hoping their Green Card app will go through this year.

Whilst they are not US citizens, they do employ staff in their companies (all US staff so far).

How would we stand if one of the companies was to offer us sponsored employment? We would also be offered a place to live as part of this deal.

If it did go ahead, how long would we need to work for their company before we started to seek other employment in the US?

Many thanks for any help you can offer.....

What visa are his parents on then? E-2 I am guessing.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on the type of company and work as to what kind of sponsored visa like an H1B, but I believe you require a degree for that one.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Manc
What visa are his parents on then? E-2 I am guessing.
Not sure. will try to find out. Any thoughts you can give us?
Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:28 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure. will try to find out. Any thoughts you can give us?
from what you've told us, I doubt even his parents will get green cards if all they are on are E2 visa's. (Business investor visa)

I think you're on slim pickings here.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

from what you've told us, I doubt even his parents will get green cards if all they are on are E2 visa's. (Business investor visa)

I think you're on slim pickings here.
Oh no - looks like it's not going to happen then. Probably being niaive but had no idea it would be this difficult until we started looking into it.

Looks like we better look into working elsewhere in case - thanks for your help.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:40 pm
@matthewb76

Oh no - looks like it's not going to happen then. Probably being niaive but had no idea it would be this difficult until we started looking into it.

Looks like we better look into working elsewhere in case - thanks for your help.
Hang on a minute.

This is where you call me a bad bastard and a dreamwrecker and that you'll move to the USA (because you love the Florida weather) no matter what it takes.

I feel so badly let down here.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

Hang on a minute.

This is where you call me a bad bastard and a dreamwrecker and that you'll move to the USA (because you love the Florida weather) no matter what it takes.

Oh, ok...if it makes you feel better....boo hoo wahhhhh...we just want to live in the sun! You meanie!!
Old Aug 26th 2004, 10:34 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Hang on a minute.

This is where you call me a bad bastard and a dreamwrecker and that you'll move to the USA (because you love the Florida weather) *insert* after our two week vacation to Disney and the Orlando area*end insert* no matter what it takes

Hope it all works out for you.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 10:53 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

People like you really piss me off.. coming on here being very nice and reasonable...we need more morons .. not good sensible people..