Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Re: 'Man's Best Friend' New Orleans - Help!!!

Re: 'Man's Best Friend' New Orleans - Help!!!

Old Sep 4th 2005, 4:28 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Man's Best Friend' New Orleans - Help!!!

Originally Posted by snowbunny
But if you can't ever finish one, then I would think that would be wasteful. Wouldn't two dogs be better?
There like buses.. there always another galloping by the next day
Old Sep 4th 2005, 4:29 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
There like buses.. there always another galloping by the next day
Unless you are in New Orleans right after a hurricane.

Next you'll be telling me which breed you like best.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 1:31 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I agree .. Horse is best ..but I could never eat a whole one ...
I've eaten lots of horse - in France. You can, or could, just buy it in the supermarket next to the beef. When I stayed with a family in Bordeaux, we had horse and chips for lunch every day, M-F.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 2:06 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I've eaten lots of horse - in France. You can, or could, just buy it in the supermarket next to the beef. When I stayed with a family in Bordeaux, we had horse and chips for lunch every day, M-F.
Poor old Dobbin ...
Old Sep 4th 2005, 2:09 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Poor old Dobbin ...
I don't actually know where all the horse meat came from. I mean, do they have horse farms? There was too much in the supermarket for it just to come from tired out nags.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 2:14 pm
Ray

I don't actually know where all the horse meat came from. I mean, do they have horse farms? There was too much in the supermarket for it just to come from tired out nags.
A lot are bought up from the UK ...and quietly shipped out there for slaughter .. its quite a big business.. they keep it under cover as they know the Brit sensitivities about it ... I think there has been a few expose's about it in the past ...
Old Sep 4th 2005, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
A lot are bought up from the UK ...and quietly shipped out there for slaughter .. its quite a big business.. they keep it under cover as they know the Brit sensitivities about it ... I think there has been a few expose's about it in the past ...

There's no real reason to be sensitive about it, if you're a meat eater at all. Why is it worse to slaughter horses than cows and pigs and sheep? It was cheaper than beef, which is why the family I was with bought it.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 2:26 pm
Ray

There's no real reason to be sensitive about it, if you're a meat eater at all. Why is it worse to slaughter horses than cows and pigs and sheep? It was cheaper than beef, which is why the family I was with bought it.
Apparently some people keep animals as pets..strange I know ..Quite partial to a bit of fried cat in breadcrumbs myself ...
Old Sep 4th 2005, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Apparently some people keep animals as pets..strange I know ..Quite partial to a bit of fried cat in breadcrumbs myself ...
Funny, I thought you preferred birds when it comes to eating.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I was sure he was a squirrel lover, myself.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I was sure he was a squirrel lover, myself.
Stuffed.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 2:49 pm
Ray

Fresh baby squirrel lightly roasted on a bed of salad ..luveeerrlly
Attached Thumbnails Re:  'Man's Best Friend'  New Orleans - Help!!!-suirrel.jpg  
Old Sep 4th 2005, 8:38 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

The last few posts notwithstanding (), I'm so glad this thread was started, because it made me realize that most people will be donating to the American Red Cross, but the animals desperately need help, too.

Mark and I were talking about it last night, and if we were in the same situation, I don't know that I could leave behind my Andie. She is "just a dog" yet she is also my child. She has been a constant in my life for the past 10 years and a tremendous source of strength, friendship and laughter for me. She is a big dog, over 100lbs, so it's not like I could just carry her on my lap or under my arm in a handbag. I cannot see myself leaving her alone. Andie was stolen when we were living in Santiago, and was gone for 11 days before we tracked her down and rescued her. Although not exactly the same situation, I remember the pain and utter agony that it caused me, not knowing what had happened to her or if we'd ever find her again, and I don't wish that on anyone.

So, with that in mind, I decided to put our donation towards the animal relief effort. We can only afford to make one donation, and even though it will be small, we feel it's the least we can do. After looking at the links I posted earlier on in this thread, I decided to donate to the Houston SPCA, a local animal shelter that has suddenly been inundated with literally hundreds of rescued animals, practically overnight. I'm hoping our tiny donation will help in some small way.

~ Jenney
Old Sep 4th 2005, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

I completely understand. I love my two cats Indigo and Violet and there is no way I could leave them behind, not a chance.

As a family we have run through emergency plans with our four children, getting out of the house in case of fire, where in the house to go in case of a Tornado, all plans involve the cats
Old Sep 5th 2005, 3:24 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: 'Man's Best Friend' New Orleans - Help!!!

The national Petfinders organisation has a special section regarding the pets suffering because of hurricane Katrina:

http://www.petfinders.org/disaster/

(There is a messageboard at the bottom of the page).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.