Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Random Brits on tele

Random Brits on tele

Old Dec 15th 2004, 2:15 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Random Brits on tele

Just noticed that Howard whats his name from Tomorrows World doing adds for Adelphia cable tv over here...and now Sean Bean doing adds for the Sci-Fi channel.

Anyone else notice random Brits on tele or advertising anything weird?
Old Dec 15th 2004, 2:31 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random Brits on tele

Originally Posted by Bob
Just noticed that Howard whats his name from Tomorrows World doing adds for Adelphia cable tv over here...and now Sean Bean doing adds for the Sci-Fi channel.

Do I count?

Got interviewed live on the local PBS station (viewing area inc. VA and parts of SC as well as NC) during their fund drive in February/March this year. I was "promoting" the station's broadcasts of British shows.

It was my 15 mins of fame condensed into about a minute.

NC Penguin
Old Dec 15th 2004, 3:57 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Got interviewed live on the local PBS station (viewing area inc. VA and parts of SC as well as NC) during their fund drive in February/March this year. I was "promoting" the station's broadcasts of British shows.
Fantastic

FIL got interviewed for the local news when there was somin' going on at the mall in Bangor, but in the end, he ended up on the cutting floor...
Old Dec 15th 2004, 4:07 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Yeah, I've seen him on the commercial for Starz. Apparently his wife is American so I guess he's doing a bit over here now that TW got canned.

I haven't seen the Sci-Fi commercial, but on the Starz one he's got a slight US accent.
Old Dec 15th 2004, 12:44 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
Yeah, I've seen him on the commercial for Starz. Apparently his wife is American so I guess he's doing a bit over here now that TW got canned.

I haven't seen the Sci-Fi commercial, but on the Starz one he's got a slight US accent.
Who are you referring to? Howard or the Bean man?

NC Penguin
Old Dec 15th 2004, 2:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

If your talking Bean...on Sci-Fi....he's trying to almost sound posh....doesn't quite work, but he's amusing none the less
Old Dec 15th 2004, 2:23 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
If your talking Bean...on Sci-Fi....he's trying to almost sound posh....doesn't quite work, but he's amusing none the less
Oops. Guess that's what happens when you're lazy and just scan a post quickly. I missed the Sean Bean part. I meant the accent on Howard
Old Dec 15th 2004, 2:48 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

anyone remember Dani Behr on that midget dating show about 6 months ago?

and Ant and Dec hosting World Idol

Hugh Laurie has himself a prime gig as that medical detective..........

Mark Addy with his shite American accent in that sit-com an all.
Old Dec 15th 2004, 3:16 pm
You Are All Diseased

Not quite on the tele, but Steve Coogan is making a break in the US with Around The World in 80 Days (which was actually pretty good) and his appearance in Coffee and Cigarettes.
Old Dec 15th 2004, 3:19 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

Not quite on the tele, but Steve Coogan is making a break in the US with Around The World in 80 Days (which was actually pretty good) and his appearance in Coffee and Cigarettes.
You mean the movie, Around the World in 80 Days? That bombed though, didn't it? Also, in the promoting of the film, I think Jackie Chan was the star/headliner since most Americans haven't heard of Coogan.

Coffee and Cigarettes? Was that the Jim Jarmusch (sp?) film? If so, that's hardly mainstream so few Americans would be interested in seeing such a film...

NC Penguin
Old Dec 15th 2004, 3:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

... I missed the Sean Bean part. I meant the accent on Howard
Hehe...he sounded a tad stoned...
Old Dec 15th 2004, 3:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Manc
anyone remember Dani Behr on that midget dating show about 6 months ago?

and Ant and Dec hosting World Idol

Hugh Laurie has himself a prime gig as that medical detective..........

Mark Addy with his shite American accent in that sit-com an all.
World Idol...big joke that...and Hugh ain't bad...
Addy, well the accent doesnt' last long, but it's amusing at places.

Ain't seen Behr in years though...
Old Dec 15th 2004, 3:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
You mean the movie, Around the World in 80 Days? That bombed though, didn't it? Also, in the promoting of the film, I think Jackie Chan was the star/headliner since most Americans haven't heard of Coogan.
Cute movie though....worth a watch, very old school disney style adventure...
Old Dec 15th 2004, 3:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Oh, anyone see Legend of Earth Sea lastnight?

There was a ton of random brits in that...oh, and Carnival...
Just saw a repeat of the first series lastnight, it's got that goatee chin stub Scot from Hammish Mcbeth that's doing the BBCA adds in it as a dodgy barman...
Old Dec 15th 2004, 7:06 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure I have heard ( not seen ) Harry Enfield doing a variety of voice overs in commercials .... The Travelocity ad maybe shown on both sides of the pond but I'm sure he has done 2 others.

Mark Addy is truely awful in that sitcom.... whats wrong with a Yorkshire accent anyways ...

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.