Raleigh, NC

Old Nov 5th 2009, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

mlewis55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Raleigh, NC

I have just joined the Forum and I was wondering whether there is anyone living in the Raleigh/Clayton NC area. My husband and I moved here 2 years ago today from Wales.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

david williams will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Raleigh, NC

Hi, we are from North Wales,been here for 5 years.We live in Fuquay Varina.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by david williams
Hi, we are from North Wales,been here for 5 years.We live in Fuquay Varina.
Hello David

Good to hear from somebody else from Wales. We moved from the Cardiff area. Our son lives here so we decided to make the move and join him. How are you and your family finding life in North Carolina.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Hi,We are David and Linda and have lived here for 5 years. We love it here and we are very settled.We have 3 married daughters and each has little boys. We now have 6 Grandsons all under 6 years old. Magic, though only 2 live near us in Holly Springs.We love the weather and both enjoy being outside.We have a large garden and 2 dogs.
We moved here from Abergele in North Wales. We came over with just 2 suitcases and our old dog,who we sadly lost last May. Wow, was that hard work and so stressfull.Look forward to hear back from you.
David and Linda
Old Jan 8th 2010, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by david williams
Hi,We are David and Linda and have lived here for 5 years. We love it here and we are very settled.We have 3 married daughters and each has little boys. We now have 6 Grandsons all under 6 years old. Magic, though only 2 live near us in Holly Springs.We love the weather and both enjoy being outside.We have a large garden and 2 dogs.
We moved here from Abergele in North Wales. We came over with just 2 suitcases and our old dog,who we sadly lost last May. Wow, was that hard work and so stressfull.Look forward to hear back from you.
David and Linda
Hi both
I know what you mean when you say stressful. We shipped some of our furniture over which was quite an ordeal. We already had a house here so at least we did not have to look for a house as well. We have two children a boy and girl. Jonathan lives locally, and Karen lives in LA. We have 3 grandchildren 1 boy amd 2 girls. We also have a dog Ollie.
We have just moved from Raleigh to Clayton to a house with a bit more land
Old Jan 8th 2010, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

It is good talking with you.We don't miss the UK any but it is good to chat to someone from there and to share something incommon.
David thinks that he know's your husband ?
Does' he or did he used to work in Lowes at Garner ?
I don't know what I have done with the first email but what are your names please? What work do you do now. I run my own cleaning business, sole owner and worker ! ! ! and David is in gardening/labour.He also has flipped houses when they were more profitable before the economy dropped.
Here is our email, it is a pain having to go to the website to talk.
<<snip>>
Talk soon Linda

Last edited by Sue; Jan 12th 2010 at 1:46 am. Reason: It's not a good idea to post your email address on a public forum. Spammers may pick up on it
Old Feb 18th 2010, 6:48 pm
Paul NC

paulNC is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in Concord NC. British from Leicester