Raleigh, NC

Old Apr 28th 2006, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

sanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nice
Default Raleigh, NC

I have a interview for a job in Raleigh and would be grateful for any opinions of the place!

Any info on "lifestyle", property prices, schools and crime rate would be particularly welcome!

sanj2010
Old Apr 28th 2006, 1:47 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Raleigh, NC

Originally Posted by sanj2010
I have a interview for a job in Raleigh and would be grateful for any opinions of the place!

Any info on "lifestyle", property prices, schools and crime rate would be particularly welcome!

sanj2010
Hi Sanj,

I live in Durham, next door to Raleigh. Whereabouts would you be relocating from? Elsewhere in the US?

NC Penguin
Old Apr 28th 2006, 1:50 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

sanj2010
They used to make great bicycles, The chopper, The Tomohawk etc. Refused to modernise, still insisted on using Sturmey Archer gears when everyone else was using the superior Shimano set up. Good luck whatever happens
Old Apr 28th 2006, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

sanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nice

We currently living in upstate NY, Ithaca to be precise.

I'm just trying to get a feel for the place. Cost of living, crime, whether it's a good place to raise children. All the usual stuff really.

Sanj2010
Old Apr 28th 2006, 1:53 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
They used to make great bicycles, The chopper, The Tomohawk etc. Refused to modernise, still insisted on using Sturmey Archer gears when everyone else was using the superior Shimano set up. Good luck whatever happens
The Chopper has made a comeback, Raleigh are making it again, 3 speed shifter, Ape hangers and Banana seat, pretty bloody cool if you ask me.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 1:55 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
The Chopper has made a comeback, Raleigh are making it again, 3 speed shifter, Ape hangers and Banana seat, pretty bloody cool if you ask me.
I had a yellow one. Have a picture somewhere (will try to dig it out). The progressed to a "Grifter".
Old Apr 28th 2006, 1:57 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

We currently living in upstate NY, Ithaca to be precise.

I'm just trying to get a feel for the place. Cost of living, crime, whether it's a good place to raise children. All the usual stuff really.

Sanj2010
Let's just say there's a steady stampede of folks from the NE of the US (NY, CT, MA, NJ and the like) who relocate to the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill) because the cost of living is more reasonable, the weather incredibly better (no dig your car out of the snow days in winter) and they can work in industries/jobs they had back north. Mustn't forget to put in a good work for traffic congestion. It's nothing like in the cities and 'burbs of the NE. Just avoid I-40 if you want a smooth commute.

Your username suggests your Indian (East Indian). There is a sizeable East Indian population in the Triangle who work in the IT and high tech industries. The restaurant scene in the Triangle has exploded with many good Indian restaurants (judged by the number of East Indians eating at such places).

Will it be just you possibly relocating or do you have a spouse and children?

NC Penguin
Old Apr 28th 2006, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

NC

Excellent, I have been dying for a decent Indian meal ever since I arrived here!

My wife and daughter will be relocating (should I be offered the job, of course)!

Sanj2010
Old Apr 28th 2006, 2:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I had a yellow one. Have a picture somewhere (will try to dig it out). The progressed to a "Grifter".
Please do with you on it My first childhood sweetheart had an Orange one, think I had a crush more on the bike than him
Old Apr 28th 2006, 2:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britvic
Please do with you on it My first childhood sweetheart had an Orange one, think I had a crush more on the bike than him
Funny that, you strike me as the sort that would go with a bloke just because he had a big Chopper
Old Apr 28th 2006, 2:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

sanj2010
Sorry back on topic. We used to live in Goldsbrough NC and Raleigh was the nearest City to us, loved the shopping and night life
Old Apr 28th 2006, 2:49 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

Originally Posted by britvic
Sorry back on topic. We used to live in Goldsbrough NC and Raleigh was the nearest City to us, loved the shopping and night life
Goldsboro, NC, to the east of Raleigh?

NC Penguin
Old Apr 28th 2006, 2:55 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

the superior Shimano set up. Good luck whatever happens
Shimano makes some lovely fishing reels ...
Old Apr 28th 2006, 3:13 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC

Excellent, I have been dying for a decent Indian meal ever since I arrived here!

My wife and daughter will be relocating (should I be offered the job, of course)!

Sanj2010
Wake County schools rank highly within the state but probably poorly against counties in NY state.

You will certainly save a bundle on rent or mortgage for a home, that's for sure. However, if you will be working in Raleigh (or is it RTP? Lots of people relocate to work in RTP), you should consider other Wake County cities and towns.

NC Penguin
Old Apr 28th 2006, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

NC

The job is based at RTP. Where would you suggest we looked?

Sanj

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.