Reload this Page >

R U smarter than a 5th Gradar

R U smarter than a 5th Gradar

Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: R U smarter than a 5th Gradar

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Watched my wife take an online test for her MASTERS degree last night. When I asked why she was picking answers randomly she said "Because when I finish it gives me all the right answers and I can take the test up to 5 times. I just copy the right answers, take it again and get 100%"

Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I took this once and although it doesn't look like much, it gave me the same result I got when I did the MENSA test so I think it's probably pretty accurate.

http://web.tickle.com/tests/uiq/index_main.jsp
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
gotcha!!! its all bloody multi choice. What happened to answering the bloody questions from thought process alone. !!! Would love to do an IQ test anyone know any good sites? Might get the kids to do it too. And IQ test for 12 and 14 year olds?? That are not crap ?
don't do it...

I had an IQ test early on... via school... started a whole heap of shit that took a long long time to settle down... if your child is exceptional they WILL be singled out and at that age you REALLY don't want that.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:59 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
Kids here have been doing their Florida Comprehensive Assessment Tests this week and last week. I have been helping as a proctor in one of the classrooms at my kid's school. I couldn't believe my eyes when the 5th grade teacher I was helping couldn't work out that if the test started at 9:42, and the test lasted 40 mins, that the finish time would be 10:22. My jaw dropped as she wrote out a sum on the board like this to work it out.

9:42
0:40+
--------
9:82

She then faffed around trying to work out what 9:82 was in real time.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 10:03 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

--------
9:82

She then faffed around trying to work out what 9:82 was in real time.
Hee Hee Hee
Old Mar 5th 2007, 10:12 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

My kids told me the teachers would not give them their homework papers back because other students hadn't done the work yet. Often they don't get any papers back - is that a common theme ?

Kermits....
Old Mar 6th 2007, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USBound
don't do it...

I had an IQ test early on... via school... started a whole heap of shit that took a long long time to settle down... if your child is exceptional they WILL be singled out and at that age you REALLY don't want that.
i dont want exceptional i just want to catch them before "brain death" sets in. We have a good system here I can go on a web site and look at their test results, and see if they have given in homework! And I am not scared to write an email to the teachers questioning my kids behaviour in school. School, Education is number one priority for these kids till they are adults. They might not like it, but i tell them its the best part of life. Social life, learning, fun. All under one roof. Enjoy it. I dont expect mini professors but I want them to enjoy it. And failure isnt the end of the world. But i tell them they mess it up its them still going to nightschool at 30 to get education not me. They have to do the best of their ability. And if they think they have reached the peak of their ability then I am happy too. But a friggin calculator to add up scores on a board game.... Guess what we are doing most days now!!!