Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Quick question regarding child support

Quick question regarding child support

Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:00 pm
Banned

Catlady64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick question regarding child support

My Husband's ex wife did everything possible to keep her childs alleged Father(My Husband) out of the childs life, restraining orders etc. She was happy getting Government monet in the US, now her child has reached school age she is no longer getting government handouts she has suddenly decided to get a child support order enforced, but, her childs father is not named on the birth certificate?? What are her chances of getting any cash from Britain? My Husband is my carer, Thats all the money he receives.

Catlady
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:08 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick question regarding child support

Originally Posted by Catlady64
My Husband's ex wife did everything possible to keep her childs alleged Father(My Husband) out of the childs life, restraining orders etc. She was happy getting Government monet in the US, now her child has reached school age she is no longer getting government handouts she has suddenly decided to get a child support order enforced, but, her childs father is not named on the birth certificate?? What are her chances of getting any cash from Britain? My Husband is my carer, Thats all the money he receives.

Catlady

Your question may be outside the experiences of posters here. I would suggest you post here:

http://boards.fool.co.uk/Messages.asp?bid=51110
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:13 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
I would suggest you post here:
.....and with a lot more detail.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:16 pm
Banned

Are you assuming I am a fool?
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:18 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Are you assuming I am a fool?
Excuse me

(Oh I get it - but the Motley Fool is one of the most respected and useful UK financial websites!!)
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:21 pm
Banned

Silly me!!! Where would I post my question lol?
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:23 pm
Homebody

Silly me!!! Where would I post my question lol?
My link takes you straight to the Legal Issues Board. You would obviously have to register before you can post.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 4:42 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Catlady
DNA

And if he is the biological father he'll also have to pay back those "government handouts".
Old Feb 15th 2010, 5:02 pm
Banned

Smile Re: Quick question regarding child support

Hi all,

Paternity has not been established yet , he is labelled as the "Legal Father".
Old Feb 15th 2010, 5:06 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

She will probably be able to use REMO - Reciprocal enforcement of maintenance orders - check out google for it.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 5:11 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Why didn't your husband pay child support (maintenance) for his child in the first place?
Old Feb 15th 2010, 5:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Catlady
How difficult the ex wife's been is irrelevant...if the child is his he should pay and have been paying child support. If he doesn't think he's the father why hasn't a DNA test been done?
Old Feb 15th 2010, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Catlady
Chances are, if the British CSA get on the case, pretty good, tbh.

They are currently ripping me off hundreds a month. I would suggest your husband immediately gathers all evidence regarding his finances, passed relationship with the child, if he was ever living with the child are if the child spent nights with him, etc.

Child support legislation in this country is terribly unfair, so don't expect any sympathy from them if the REMO is successfully enforced.

PM me if you have any very detailed questions, as I do not want to post specific details of my own experience publically.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 5:44 pm
Banned

Smile Re: Quick question regarding child support

His ex-wife has continually hidden herself away for 6 years. We tried to have legal papers served, was told she had fled State. My Husband called Child support services and offered to pay money, he was told that because Paternity has not been established, he was not liable to pay until it had been established! Remo have been in contact with us ( Thank god for the British legal system), the ball is in the court of the country trying to enforce the order, i.e , they have to supply evidence that he is the childs father.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 5:50 pm
Banned

Also, my husband has never seen the child, doesn't even know what the child looks like! Yet receives restraining orders from his ex wife and her family, and then states in court that father has never tried to get involved in childs life! Why are women defending women who have stopped fathers from seeing their alleged child????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.