Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Which queue (sorry, line) do we use?

Which queue (sorry, line) do we use?

Old Sep 28th 2005, 3:52 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold
Default Which queue (sorry, line) do we use?

When we arrive in Denver next week all proud with our shiny visas, can we go through the residents line or do we still go through the non-resident line?
Old Sep 28th 2005, 3:54 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which queue (sorry, line) do we use?

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
When we arrive in Denver next week all proud with our shiny visas, can we go through the residents line or do we still go through the non-resident line?
You gotta go through the visitor line. The other line is for greencard holders and citizens only.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 4:00 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
There might be somebody supervising the lines - if there is catch their attention and they'll help you. When we first flew in the missus went into the U.S citizen line and me in the dirty foreigners, then I talked to a bloke watching over the queues and he got the missus with me and took us over to another check in.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but you still have to use the long line as you are temporary residents.

You will have to fill in the white I-94 forms not the green VWP I-94.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Webbie
There might be somebody supervising the lines - if there is catch their attention and they'll help you. When we first flew in the missus went into the U.S citizen line and me in the dirty foreigners, then I talked to a bloke watching over the queues and he got the missus with me and took us over to another check in.
They only swap the lines if its too busy on some lines and not on others. For all intense purposes though the OP is a visitor to the US.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

sprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Webbie
For some reason when we went last time, the ques were horrendous for the Visitors line and we were stood next to a lady supervising the que's and she must of heard us talking (we were talking to a couple in front of us who were on holiday for 2 weeks and we just said how we were only their for the weekend and were visiting friends who lived there) and she pulled us aside and just said 'are you visiting a resident' we said 'yeh' and she said 'are they collecting you' and we said 'yeh', and so she just said we could go thorugh the residents line, which there was no que for. LOL some othere in the long cues didn't look too pleased!!

it confused to me as to why she did this, but I wasn't about to complain, my b/f said it was cause she wanted to give him one, ha ha I told him 'yeh she probably did want to give you one....a slap in the mouth that is''

Last edited by sprintblue; Sep 28th 2005 at 4:13 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandpete
Sorry but you still have to use the long line as you are temporary residents.

You will have to fill in the white I-94 forms not the green VWP I-94.
Thats one of the first learning curves though isn't it, just because the embassy was kind enough to issue a visa it doesn't make you anything special over here
Old Sep 28th 2005, 4:19 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladylisa
Thats one of the first learning curves though isn't it, just because the embassy was kind enough to issue a visa it doesn't make you anything special over here
I thought I was special when I finally got to fill out a white form, after filling out the green ones for three years
Old Sep 28th 2005, 9:18 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

There is a similar line/queue problem for foreigners visiting the UK.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 6:02 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
true...but it does always seem to be a bigger mess over here...but then again, Logon Airport does suck the monkeys nuts
Old Sep 29th 2005, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I lined up in the Resident/Greencard holders queue when I arrived on my K3. Fotunately, Phoenix doesn't have the biggest of immigration area's, so they let me off and processed me right there and then.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 2:26 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen

Maybe, but I was somewhat put out when I visited Paris a few weeks ago. They only had one line for everyone, so I was stuck behind a bunch of USCs. I thought 'this is going to take a while' - but the officers barely looked at their passports - just stamped them and took their immigration cards! None of that being given the nth degree, fingerprinting and photographing we are subjected to when we enter the US. I was right pi$$ed. Personally I feel the European countries should reciprocate and make it as cumbersome for USCs to enter our countries as it is for us to enter the US.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 5:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
.... Personally I feel the European countries should reciprocate and make it as cumbersome for USCs to enter our countries as it is for us to enter the US.
But then even fewer would bother to travel and blame it on us commie europeans
Old Sep 29th 2005, 7:00 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Elvira
but the officers barely looked at their passports - just stamped them and took their immigration cards!
Did they give a Gallic shrug as they did it?
Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:35 pm
GJB
dart throwin' doofus

GJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to behold

Went back to the UK at the start of August. Took my American wife. The queue for EU passport holders was non-existent. The queue for non-EU passport holders through all the barriers, along the corridor and around the corner. I did the decent thing and queued with her for 90 minutes. Hate those zig-zag barriers, makes me feel like I am at Disneyland!