Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Questions for the PNWs

Wikiposts

Questions for the PNWs

Old Apr 2nd 2010, 3:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions for the PNWs

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Ok, I'm interested. We're in the market for new sheets and have allergies as well. Don't think I've ever heard of bamboo sheets, but sounds interesting.
Originally Posted by Hubcaps
Hm...so I'll have to add numerous duvet sets to the list along with fitted sheets. Fortunately this is only for one bed, the other beds we'll buy when we arrive.

Bamboo sheets...I've never heard of those, they sound very interesting.
Check out www.sleepbamboo.com. They have the sheet sets and matching duvet covers. They don't have a large range of colors, but the quality is very good. They have sales periodically, so if the price is a bit high, just wait for a sale.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 3:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
I was shopping around forever and a day for sheets that fit my criteria. I wanted them to be organic, had to fit an 18in deep mattress, would be good for allergies, and (of course) in a color/design that I could live with. Finally found 100% bamboo sheets (can provide the website in an PM if anyone is interested) and they are the best sheets we've ever had. They are satiny-smooth (less friction ) and bamboo prevents the growth of dustmites, as well as the fact that bamboo breathes so you don't get overheated. I probably sound lame being excited about sheets, but a nice set is damn hard to find ya know!
Bamboo sheets are awesome. We managed to pick up a couple complete sets from Target for $5 each on the clearance, one was in purple and the other had a jammed zipper on the packaging.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 4:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Check out www.sleepbamboo.com. They have the sheet sets and matching duvet covers. They don't have a large range of colors, but the quality is very good. They have sales periodically, so if the price is a bit high, just wait for a sale.
Ouch....

But thanks for the information.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 4:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Bamboo sheets are awesome. We managed to pick up a couple complete sets from Target for $5 each on the clearance, one was in purple and the other had a jammed zipper on the packaging.
How did they hold up? I've just read a whole bunch of reviews and the cheaper bamboo sheets seem to pill a lot and don't hold up as well.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 6:03 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
How did they hold up? I've just read a whole bunch of reviews and the cheaper bamboo sheets seem to pill a lot and don't hold up as well.
They're awesome...they were $75 odd sets originally so nothing earth shattering but a bit more pricey than the usual tat.

Had them about 6-8 months now I think, still soft, still look great...lovely set of sheets. I think they were probably Target own brand, I can't imagine them reducing anything else that much? So worth a look, probably now that it's getting into spring/summer stuff that they tend to clear out the winter stock so probably find them cheap on the end shelves again.