Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

questions that contradict in passport renewal

questions that contradict in passport renewal

Old Aug 12th 2010, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

scottiegirl2002 is just really nicescottiegirl2002 is just really nicescottiegirl2002 is just really nicescottiegirl2002 is just really nicescottiegirl2002 is just really nicescottiegirl2002 is just really nicescottiegirl2002 is just really nicescottiegirl2002 is just really nice
Default questions that contradict in passport renewal

I was born in Canada in the late 60's to British born parents. I have been residing Legally in the United States with my Green Card since I was 6 months old coming here with my parents through the corporation my farther worked for. I had been traveling back and forth to the U.K. since I was 6 months old to visit grandma grandad etc. I traveled on my parents passports up until I was 16 and then got a canadian passport. I returned to England in 1988 after graduating college at 21 and was offered a position with a firm over there and needed my papers to work. My parents had retired there the same year. We sent all my Canadian birth certificates and their papers to the passport agency in London and I received my British passport a few weeks later. Now have my 2nd British passport issued in 94 while living and working there. My wife and I came back to the United states in 02 and my passport expired in 04. We need to return soon as her mom is getting on a bit and she would like to live closer to her brothers, neices , nefews etc. I just downloaded the forms to renew my passport. One question says were you born in a forigen country and your birth registered at a British Consulate with one box for yes one for no. I do not know if it was registered in Can or not . If I answer no it contradicts my other statement, then it reads were you naturalized of registered as a british subject which is true. then it says details of cities docs. Does this men my British passport. I am of limited means and would like to get this form correct the first time so we do not have to pay multiply application fees . Thanks to all of you greatly for any help in this confusing matter.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 11:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: questions that contradict in passport renewal

Don't think you can register births at the Canadian consulate, or is that a consular birth cert?
Old Aug 13th 2010, 12:12 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: questions that contradict in passport renewal

Originally Posted by scottiegirl2002
I was born in Canada in the late 60's to British born parents. I have been residing Legally in the United States with my Green Card since I was 6 months old coming here with my parents through the corporation my farther worked for. I had been traveling back and forth to the U.K. since I was 6 months old to visit grandma grandad etc. I traveled on my parents passports up until I was 16 and then got a canadian passport. I returned to England in 1988 after graduating college at 21 and was offered a position with a firm over there and needed my papers to work. My parents had retired there the same year. We sent all my Canadian birth certificates and their papers to the passport agency in London and I received my British passport a few weeks later. Now have my 2nd British passport issued in 94 while living and working there. My wife and I came back to the United states in 02 and my passport expired in 04. We need to return soon as her mom is getting on a bit and she would like to live closer to her brothers, neices , nefews etc.
Have you thought about getting your US citizenship before you leave? You were probably quite lucky to avoid losing your green card last time.

I just downloaded the forms to renew my passport. One question says were you born in a forigen country and your birth registered at a British Consulate with one box for yes one for no. I do not know if it was registered in Can or not . If I answer no it contradicts my other statement
The answer is no. The question refers to certain people born in non-Commonwealth countries before 1983.

, then it reads were you naturalized of registered as a british subject which is true.
Also false. You acquired British nationality by descent from your father it seems, not by Home Office registration or naturalisation.