Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Question on tax return

Question on tax return

Old Apr 12th 2020, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

cheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question on tax return

Hey guys tiger king here!
So I was just doing my taxes using turbo tax and filed electronically. At no point was I ever asked for payment info to pay electronically, so I'm just a bit confused.
Turbo tax says my tax file is pending acceptance/rejection and am wondering will I be able to then pay online after this has gone through, or just print the papers off and mail them in. making the whole point of filing online a bit pointless?

I just watched my girlfriend do her taxes using HR block and at the end was a very clear screen asking for payment options. Think I'll be using those guys next year.

I understand that this isn't really the place to be getting such information but I'd rather google and ask about first before sitting on the phone in a queue for ages.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Old Apr 12th 2020, 10:05 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question on tax return

If it is the IRS you want to pay, you can go online and pay them direct. https://www.irs.gov/payments Your SSN number will tie the payment to your return, and the IRS take up to $10 million in a single payment.

I know Turbo Tax asks for bank details for refunds to be paid into, but not sure about tax due.

Last edited by lansbury; Apr 12th 2020 at 10:07 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2020, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

cheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
If it is the IRS you want to pay, you can go online and pay them direct. https://www.irs.gov/payments Your SSN number will tie the payment to your return, and the IRS take up to $10 million in a single payment.

I know Turbo Tax asks for bank details for refunds to be paid into, but not sure about tax due.
thanks for your help Iansbury. yeah that seems to be the case, bit of an odd system they have going on there. guess I'll just pay them direct with that link you posted.

Thanks once again.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Payment options to pay the IRS or pay turbo tax?
Old Apr 13th 2020, 1:45 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheradenine
Hey guys tiger king here!
So I was just doing my taxes using turbo tax and filed electronically. At no point was I ever asked for payment info to pay electronically, so I'm just a bit confused.
Turbo tax says my tax file is pending acceptance/rejection and am wondering will I be able to then pay online after this has gone through, or just print the papers off and mail them in. making the whole point of filing online a bit pointless?

I just watched my girlfriend do her taxes using HR block and at the end was a very clear screen asking for payment options. Think I'll be using those guys next year.

I understand that this isn't really the place to be getting such information but I'd rather google and ask about first before sitting on the phone in a queue for ages.

Thanks for any help in advance.
I used TurboTax home and business (Mac download version). I put in ACH bank details 3 times for the 2 payments and a refund. 1 Federal, 2 State.