Wikiposts

Question

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question

I've heard a few people claiming that there are 6 million Brits living in the US. Does anyone have a sourced figure or know where I can find one?

Also when BBC America dumped The Soccer Program, was it Fox who snapped it up?
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:52 am

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Question

Originally posted by Taffyles
I've heard a few people claiming that there are 6 million Brits living in the US. Does anyone have a sourced figure or know where I can find one?

Hmmmmm, wonder how many are in CT! I think I've found almost all of them... I'll see if I can find anything to reference that figure!
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 2:39 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

You could try asking the British embassy as they may have some idea of how many Brits live here. They should at least know how many have been here an average of five or more years* as they will have issued passports to them.

* I've been here less than two years and I have already had to renew my passport through the embassy in DC.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pulaski
You could try asking the British embassy as they may have some idea of how many Brits live here. They should at least know how many have been here an average of five or more years* as they will have issued passports to them.

* I've been here less than two years and I have already had to renew my passport through the embassy in DC.
Of course- slaps head- they should have a good estimate anyway- and we Brits supposed to register at the Embassy too- although I doubt many do, but yep passports- thank you! I was thinking of the census stats- but the last time we did that- I think it ws just race not nationality asked on the forms.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course- slaps head- they should have a good estimate anyway- and we Brits supposed to register at the Embassy too- although I doubt many do, but yep passports- thank you! I was thinking of the census stats- but the last time we did that- I think it ws just race not nationality asked on the forms.

http://www.britainusa.com/sections/index.asp?i=109

"Passports and Consular Services

Advice for British nationals residing in the US on keeping their identification up to date as well as how to locate the nearest consular office in the US

We advise British nationals who are resident in the US to make sure their ID is kept up to date eg passport, drivers license, green card etc. Full details about renewing your passport can be found on this website.
It is not necessary for British Citizens to register with the Embassy or their local Consulate General."
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Jaytee, been there. When we first came we had to register, but that was a long time ago- flip I've just realised the date, it was 12 years ago today we arrived here!