All EE fans

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute
Default All EE fans

Bear with me Pulaski and Scotch.

Call Discovery channel 1-859-342-3439 and lodge your complaint. They are keeping a log and said that the more complaints they have the better chance they have of trying to do something about it. I've just phoned, after reading about it in some messages on the online petition. They are really nice people- even after I told them I was boycotting their channel and products as well as BBCA's - they were pleasant. Apparently they've had over 1,000 calls today so far.

Also Melissa who put the online petition up received a letter from Goodwards British Market this morning:-

" Goodwoods Offer All East Enders FANS $5.00 coupon 229zh8zj2 Due to the overwhelming response from East Ender fans requesting we pull our advertising from BBC America, we have decided to support your efforts in restoring popular programming by terminating our advertising contract with the BBC. BBC is a substantial part of our advertising Program and by pulling our ad we feel we will suffer a huge drop in revenue. We would like to ask for your support of our company as we give our support to you. In our addition to our support we will also give a $5.00 coupon to all East Ender fans to be used on our website www.goodwoods.com Those fans who place their order on the web. will be prompted during checkout to enter a coupon for a discount on their order. Enter the following coupon code: 229zh8zj2 Thank you in advance for your support. Please pass this information on to all East Ender fans. Sincerely, Laura Taylor Goodwoods British Market Customer Relations 1800-528-7767"

And this personal message:

"Dear EastEnder Fan, This was a hard decision to make, but we had to stand with our customers and not BIG BUSINESS. RALLY BOYS, RALLY!!!! Howard R. (HRH) Hawkins Goodwoods British Market Sr. Advertising Executive 1800-528-7767 "

Lots of people are emailing thanks and ordering, they deserve it. They were innundated with calls last week.

I placed my christmas order- they are taking them now although won't be shipped till November. The prices are cheaper than my local British shop- and some of the groceries are cheaperthan Alberstons. They'll be getting my business from now on.

So RALLY BOYS, RALLY !....except Pulaski and Scotch

Last edited by Taffyles; Oct 3rd 2003 at 8:58 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

ArsNo2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: All EE fans

Originally posted by Taffyles
Bear with me Pulaski and Scotch.

Call Discovery channel 1-859-342-3439 and lodge your complaint. They are keeping a log and said that the more complaints they have the better chance they have of trying to do something about it. I've just phoned, after reading about it in some messages on the online petition. They are really nice people- even after I told them I was boycotting their channel and products as well as BBCA's - they were pleasant. Apparently they've had over 1,000 calls today so far.

Also Melissa who put the online petition up received a letter from Goodwards British Market this morning:-

" Goodwoods Offer All East Enders FANS $5.00 coupon 229zh8zj2 Due to the overwhelming response from East Ender fans requesting we pull our advertising from BBC America, we have decided to support your efforts in restoring popular programming by terminating our advertising contract with the BBC. BBC is a substantial part of our advertising Program and by pulling our ad we feel we will suffer a huge drop in revenue. We would like to ask for your support of our company as we give our support to you. In our addition to our support we will also give a $5.00 coupon to all East Ender fans to be used on our website www.goodwoods.com Those fans who place their order on the web. will be prompted during checkout to enter a coupon for a discount on their order. Enter the following coupon code: 229zh8zj2 Thank you in advance for your support. Please pass this information on to all East Ender fans. Sincerely, Laura Taylor Goodwoods British Market Customer Relations 1800-528-7767"

And this personal message:

"Dear EastEnder Fan, This was a hard decision to make, but we had to stand with our customers and not BIG BUSINESS. RALLY BOYS, RALLY!!!! Howard R. (HRH) Hawkins Goodwoods British Market Sr. Advertising Executive 1800-528-7767 "

Lots of people are emailing thanks and ordering, they deserve it. They were innundated with calls last week.

I placed my christmas order- they are taking them now although won't be shipped till November. The prices are cheaper than my local British shop- and some of the groceries are cheaperthan Alberstons. They'll be getting my business from now on.

So RALLY BOYS, RALLY !....except Pulaski and Scotch
Been there - done that ....Not sure that Pulaski and Scotch should be excluded from this ... after all if through our protests we get EE back we will then shut up about it - therefore the more the merrier - don't you think :lecture:
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Well if they had shouted when BBCAmerica dumped Match of the Day and later the soccer program- they might be watching Premier league on digital cable intead of paying top dollars to Rup Murdoch for it now.

Last edited by Taffyles; Oct 3rd 2003 at 9:26 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Someone over on Yahoo has spoken to a researcher on the Sharon Osbourne show. She said they sounded interested and thinks if enough people mail in they may go with it.

http://sharon.warnerbros.com/showinf...eas/index.html

Looks like you need to add Patrick to the Humbug crew
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:14 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

I will be happy when this topic is dead - i care not what comes first.

JUST WIN THIS ****ING CAMPAIGN or FORGET IT.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease - im begging you now, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.
Old Oct 4th 2003, 3:52 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Taffyles
Well if they had shouted when BBCAmerica dumped Match of the Day and later the soccer program- they might be watching Premier league on digital cable intead of paying top dollars to Rup Murdoch for it now.
If you're addressing me, I'm not paying top dollar to watch soccer and if it wasn't on Fox it is highly unlikely that I'd be watching soccer on digital cable either as I didn't watch soccer on TV even when I lived in the UK.

Soccer swamped the TV channels in the UK, seven nights week, and not only British games but games from Italy, Germany, Spain and Timbuktoo - heaven fobid that the same thing ever happens here!