Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Puerto Rico - Visa requirements?

Puerto Rico - Visa requirements?

Old Feb 20th 2006, 10:08 pm
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Chandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant future
Default Puerto Rico - Visa requirements?

I’ve read the ‘Embassy’ website and it appears that UK citizens qualify under the visa waiver program. I know Puerto Rico isn’t technically part of the union but am I correct in assuming that this is the same visa waiver program as the US?

Will they take my L-Visa card off me at the airport, will I need a new one to re-enter the states, do I even need a passport on this ‘domestic’ flight?

I’ve searched the forum but cannot find a specific answer.

Thanks in advance,
Old Feb 20th 2006, 10:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Puerto Rico - Visa requirements?

visa section....probably your best bet, or could move the thread if you want...
Old Feb 20th 2006, 11:01 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chandler
I’ve read the ‘Embassy’ website and it appears that UK citizens qualify under the visa waiver program. I know Puerto Rico isn’t technically part of the union but am I correct in assuming that this is the same visa waiver program as the US?

Will they take my L-Visa card off me at the airport, will I need a new one to re-enter the states, do I even need a passport on this ‘domestic’ flight?

I’ve searched the forum but cannot find a specific answer.

Thanks in advance,
You won't need a passport. Speaking as someone who lived and got married their. Although I would still take one.

alan
Old Feb 21st 2006, 12:18 am
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Chandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bob
visa section....probably your best bet, or could move the thread if you want...
I considered the visa section, but felt that the foot traffic through the lounge would generate a better response.

Rather than an "I am a lay person...." answer I was hoping for a "when I was there in December for a cruise...."
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:59 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

snip "when I was there in December for a cruise...."
If you were there for a cruise you would need a passport, as they travel
around the US and British Virgin Isles etc
Old Feb 21st 2006, 2:01 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by evoal2003
now then Al where you been ?
Old Feb 21st 2006, 2:02 am
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Granted. I was thinking more of Puerto Rico being the first destination and as such the port of entry as opposed to one of the stops.

How about "when I was there for a long weekend in december..."?
Old Feb 21st 2006, 2:04 am
Payed up premium member

Originally Posted by Eskimo
now then Al where you been ?
Puerto Rico, Cyprus, Tenerife, AZ, Tunisia

Ah and blighty

Last edited by evoal2003; Feb 21st 2006 at 2:04 am. Reason: forgot
Old Feb 21st 2006, 2:09 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Puerto Rico, Cyprus, Tenerife, AZ, Tunisia

Ah and blighty
Walsall ?
Old Feb 21st 2006, 10:58 pm
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Surely somone has been recently?
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

pegasus2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Chandler- I went to PR about a month ago from Fort Lauderdale- no passport required, just photo ID- it is classed as a domestic flight- exactly the same procedure as flying to NYC last weekend.
Hope this is of some help to you.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 3:11 pm

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

You don't need a visa or passport. It is a domestic flight. I went from new jersey in september 2005.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shahlax
You don't need a visa or passport. It is a domestic flight. I went from new jersey in september 2005.
but handy to have incase the flight gets diverted because of bad weather, then could be stuck.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:26 pm

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bob
but handy to have incase the flight gets diverted because of bad weather, then could be stuck.
I agree. I actually took my passport as did not have a driver's license then. My husband used his driver's license.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 12:45 am
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Thanks all