British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   "Pubs" in Phoenix/Scottsdale area (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/pubs-phoenix-scottsdale-area-429377/)

TaffyinOK Feb 21st 2007 5:33 pm

"Pubs" in Phoenix/Scottsdale area

I'm going to be in Scottsdale for vacation next week and wondered if anyone in the Phoenix/Scottsdale (preferably Scottsdale) area can tell me where there's a decent bar that sells British beer. Cheers :beer:

TruBrit Feb 21st 2007 5:44 pm

Re: "Pubs" in Phoenix/Scottsdale area

Originally Posted by TaffyinOK (Post 4438300)
I'm going to be in Scottsdale for vacation next week and wondered if anyone in the Phoenix/Scottsdale (preferably Scottsdale) area can tell me where there's a decent bar that sells British beer. Cheers :beer:

check out partystar.....she should know if anyone would ;)

Rockgurl Feb 21st 2007 5:56 pm

There's one on Central Avenue. It's pretty nice actually and run by Brits. It's called The George and Dragon and here's a link to a page with some reviews:

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-reviews-28..._and_reviews-i

I went several times when I lived there and it had a great atmosphere. Best thing was the loo....it was wallpapered with dozens of pound notes!

The address is:

George & Dragon
4240 N Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85012
(602) 241-0018

Just across the street is a British store too. :) It's about a 10 minute drive from Scottsdale and is right in the heart of downtown Phoenix. It's not really that busy around there as you might think and you should find parking no problem.

Maz Feb 21st 2007 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Rockgurl (Post 4438438)
There's one on Central Avenue. It's pretty nice actually and run by Brits. It's called The George and Dragon and here's a link to a page with some reviews:

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-reviews-28..._and_reviews-i

I went several times when I lived there and it had a great atmosphere. Best thing was the loo....it was wallpapered with dozens of pound notes!

The address is:

George & Dragon
4240 N Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85012
(602) 241-0018

Just across the street is a British store too. :) It's about a 10 minute drive from Scottsdale and is right in the heart of downtown Phoenix. It's not really that busy around there as you might think and you should find parking no problem.

Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Have been there, albeit only in 2001, and LOVED IT! :thumbup:

TaffyinOK Feb 21st 2007 8:37 pm

I knew I could count on my fellow expats. Thanks for the info.

UKgirl Feb 21st 2007 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by TaffyinOK (Post 4439053)
I knew I could count on my fellow expats. Thanks for the info.

No offence, but why would you travel to somewhere as beautiful and cultured as Scottsdale and only care about a British pub.?
Are you not even interested in the Botanical Gardens, some really nice restaurants, the art district and some great shopping?

TaffyinOK Feb 21st 2007 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by UKgirl (Post 4439298)
No offence, but why would you travel to somewhere as beautiful and cultured as Scottsdale and only care about a British pub.?
Are you not even interested in the Botanical Gardens, some really nice restaurants, the art district and some great shopping?

No offense taken. I will actually be taking in some of the local culture while I'm there. Going to see the Body Worlds 3 exhibition, the Sedona Film Festival, Jerome, the Frank Lloyd Wright museum, etc etc etc. I'm really looking forward to it all. I would just like to also have a decent drink of beer while I'm there.:beer:

UKgirl Feb 21st 2007 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by TaffyinOK (Post 4439343)
No offense taken. I will actually be taking in some of the local culture while I'm there. Going to see the Body Worlds 3 exhibition, the Sedona Film Festival, Jerome, the Frank Lloyd Wright museum, etc etc etc. I'm really looking forward to it all. I would just like to also have a decent drink of beer while I'm there.:beer:

Apologies:o

I thought it sounded a bit like the Brit tourist in Magalluf complaining that no-one speaks English and the chips are no good.:lol:
You are going to love Scottsdale, I was there two weeks ago and had a great time.
Enjoy Oh and the beer too.;)

Maz Feb 22nd 2007 2:50 am

Taliesin West is an AMAZING place to go to (the FLW house). Please make sure you go there, it's truly amazing!

TaffyinOK Feb 22nd 2007 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 4440250)
Taliesin West is an AMAZING place to go to (the FLW house). Please make sure you go there, it's truly amazing!

Absolutely, positively going to Taliesin West. I'm a huge FLW fan and can't wait to see it. I'll probably kiss the ground when I get there.;)

Maz Feb 22nd 2007 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by TaffyinOK (Post 4442564)
Absolutely, positively going to Taliesin West. I'm a huge FLW fan and can't wait to see it. I'll probably kiss the ground when I get there.;)

Been to Chicago yet?... you'd have palpitations in Oak Park! :D

TaffyinOK Feb 22nd 2007 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 4443377)
Been to Chicago yet?... you'd have palpitations in Oak Park! :D

Haven't been to Chicago yet, but I'd love to. One of these days ... one of these days ...;)

gsnichol Feb 22nd 2007 11:22 pm

I was at Bodyworlds a couple of weeks ago. It's excellent but be sure to book your tickets online and you'll walk straight past two hour-long queue...