Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

"Pubs" in Phoenix/Scottsdale area

"Pubs" in Phoenix/Scottsdale area

Old Feb 21st 2007, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

TaffyinOK has a spectacular aura aboutTaffyinOK has a spectacular aura aboutTaffyinOK has a spectacular aura about
Default "Pubs" in Phoenix/Scottsdale area

I'm going to be in Scottsdale for vacation next week and wondered if anyone in the Phoenix/Scottsdale (preferably Scottsdale) area can tell me where there's a decent bar that sells British beer. Cheers
Old Feb 21st 2007, 5:44 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "Pubs" in Phoenix/Scottsdale area

Originally Posted by TaffyinOK
I'm going to be in Scottsdale for vacation next week and wondered if anyone in the Phoenix/Scottsdale (preferably Scottsdale) area can tell me where there's a decent bar that sells British beer. Cheers
check out partystar.....she should know if anyone would
Old Feb 21st 2007, 5:56 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

There's one on Central Avenue. It's pretty nice actually and run by Brits. It's called The George and Dragon and here's a link to a page with some reviews:

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-reviews-28..._and_reviews-i

I went several times when I lived there and it had a great atmosphere. Best thing was the loo....it was wallpapered with dozens of pound notes!

The address is:

George & Dragon
4240 N Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85012
(602) 241-0018

Just across the street is a British store too. It's about a 10 minute drive from Scottsdale and is right in the heart of downtown Phoenix. It's not really that busy around there as you might think and you should find parking no problem.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 7:40 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rockgurl
There's one on Central Avenue. It's pretty nice actually and run by Brits. It's called The George and Dragon and here's a link to a page with some reviews:

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-reviews-28..._and_reviews-i

I went several times when I lived there and it had a great atmosphere. Best thing was the loo....it was wallpapered with dozens of pound notes!

The address is:

George & Dragon
4240 N Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85012
(602) 241-0018

Just across the street is a British store too. It's about a 10 minute drive from Scottsdale and is right in the heart of downtown Phoenix. It's not really that busy around there as you might think and you should find parking no problem.
Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Have been there, albeit only in 2001, and LOVED IT!
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

TaffyinOK has a spectacular aura aboutTaffyinOK has a spectacular aura aboutTaffyinOK has a spectacular aura about

I knew I could count on my fellow expats. Thanks for the info.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

UKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud of

I knew I could count on my fellow expats. Thanks for the info.
No offence, but why would you travel to somewhere as beautiful and cultured as Scottsdale and only care about a British pub.?
Are you not even interested in the Botanical Gardens, some really nice restaurants, the art district and some great shopping?
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by UKgirl
No offence, but why would you travel to somewhere as beautiful and cultured as Scottsdale and only care about a British pub.?
Are you not even interested in the Botanical Gardens, some really nice restaurants, the art district and some great shopping?
No offense taken. I will actually be taking in some of the local culture while I'm there. Going to see the Body Worlds 3 exhibition, the Sedona Film Festival, Jerome, the Frank Lloyd Wright museum, etc etc etc. I'm really looking forward to it all. I would just like to also have a decent drink of beer while I'm there.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

UKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud of

No offense taken. I will actually be taking in some of the local culture while I'm there. Going to see the Body Worlds 3 exhibition, the Sedona Film Festival, Jerome, the Frank Lloyd Wright museum, etc etc etc. I'm really looking forward to it all. I would just like to also have a decent drink of beer while I'm there.
Apologies

I thought it sounded a bit like the Brit tourist in Magalluf complaining that no-one speaks English and the chips are no good.
You are going to love Scottsdale, I was there two weeks ago and had a great time.
Enjoy Oh and the beer too.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 2:50 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Taliesin West is an AMAZING place to go to (the FLW house). Please make sure you go there, it's truly amazing!
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Maz
Taliesin West is an AMAZING place to go to (the FLW house). Please make sure you go there, it's truly amazing!
Absolutely, positively going to Taliesin West. I'm a huge FLW fan and can't wait to see it. I'll probably kiss the ground when I get there.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 9:02 pm
Maz

Absolutely, positively going to Taliesin West. I'm a huge FLW fan and can't wait to see it. I'll probably kiss the ground when I get there.
Been to Chicago yet?... you'd have palpitations in Oak Park!
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Maz
Been to Chicago yet?... you'd have palpitations in Oak Park!
Haven't been to Chicago yet, but I'd love to. One of these days ... one of these days ...
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

gsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond repute

I was at Bodyworlds a couple of weeks ago. It's excellent but be sure to book your tickets online and you'll walk straight past two hour-long queue...