Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Public schools in Houston

Public schools in Houston

Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:24 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Public schools in Houston

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Sugarland too I think. I was just replying from a Katy ISD point of view cos I thought the OP meant they were moving here (Katy)
Ah I see -- north of I-10 is the wrong side of the tracks in Katy. I did notice on a little jaunt there about a year ago, that the Denny's there was held up by a couple of people with guns, and no, they didn't want all-day breakfast, they took the till?
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:34 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Ah I see -- north of I-10 is the wrong side of the tracks in Katy. I did notice on a little jaunt there about a year ago, that the Denny's there was held up by a couple of people with guns, and no, they didn't want all-day breakfast, they took the till?
And where is Denny's? North of I-10. There you go! We only do parking fines and speeding tickets on the southside....well, apart from the drug shootout last year, and the local doctor hiring a hitman to do in her husband....
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:43 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

And where is Denny's? North of I-10. There you go! We only do parking fines and speeding tickets on the southside....well, apart from the drug shootout last year, and the local doctor hiring a hitman to do in her husband....
....and the kids killing themselves in cars they've just gotten as high school presents.... but we do that here in our suburbia too.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:54 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
....and the kids killing themselves in cars they've just gotten as high school presents.... but we do that here in our suburbia too.

Ha, funny you should say that....I just had an "encounter" with what looked like a highschooler this morning. I was coming out of the coffee drive thru (coffe in cupholders, not consumed until safely parked at playground!) and an Escalade came careering into the car park as I was turning out - it nearly swiped me and barely made the corner as the driver tried to turn and hold her cellphone to her ear at the same time. Compounding that, she actually took her hand off the wheel to wave an apology ( I think!) and of course as soon as she left go, the car straightend up shot over the wrong side of the road (car park) and she knocked her wing mirror off on the back of the UPS van parked a bit behind me. Guess she'll have some explaining to do to daddy....hope it frightened her enough to knock some sense in, but I doubt it....
Old Sep 21st 2007, 7:06 pm
Lapine Member

.....an Escalade came careering into the car park as I was turning out.....
you know, I'm up for adoption if someone will give me a nice ride like that, and I've got a pretty good record for collision avoidance!