Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

PROUD TO BE AMERICAN!

PROUD TO BE AMERICAN!

Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PROUD TO BE AMERICAN!

Originally Posted by frrussre
"I could also point out that Mr. Obama, is not the 1st black American President, he is of course, half white. Not exactly, Al Sharpton.
Dream on.
Reg. Frank R.

On my, thank god for large favors.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I think his rose coloured specs have been surgically attached to his face.

Hi Jersey.

He probably had them surgically implanted. Paid for by the crock of gold he found at the end of the rainbow.

I should thank Yankee Abroad. he has made me laugh and totally cheered up my miserable cold day. in-fact I should thank Mr O, for getting elected & giving Mr. yankee this great material.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
On my, thank god for large favors.
Rete, I was mentioning Al Sharpton, as he would be 1st Black American President. Mr. O is certainly NOT the 1st Black American P, he is half white.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

All kidding aside, I'm a proud American as well. I'm proud that the people voted down a party that has caused us to be vilified internationally, abused its powers in office to aid themselves and their cronies while the average American was bled dry and increased our national debt to a point that bankruptcy is the big bad wolf who has already blown the roof off the house.

I'm proud that the average American finally got off its duff and voted in this election. I'm proud that we are taking a chance on change from an non-known and untried source in the political arena.

I'm proud that the majority of Americans are pleased with their new president-elect and have hope that he will do most of what he has promised to do. I'm proud that they can believe in dreams while remaining skeptical about their realization.

The America the world hates is the political America. And truthfully, isnt that the America that Americans have hated for the last 8 years?

Last edited by Rete; Jan 19th 2009 at 10:37 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:13 pm
Concierge

Rete, I was mentioning Al Sharpton, as he would be 1st Black American President. Mr. O is certainly NOT the 1st Black American P, he is half white.
Reg. Frank R.

Got that Frank. Was just thanking god that Al's thoughts about running were only pipe dreams.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:54 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Somewhere over the rainbow, look theres Yankee Abroad, floating on a fluffy pink cloud.
Singing, champagne supernova, no doubt?
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rete
Got that Frank. Was just thanking god that Al's thoughts about running were only pipe dreams.
Ditto. Big Al got in, I would have joined "Yankee abroad", wow can't belive I said that. No not even Big Al, could make me move with YAB.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by englishinfl
Singing, champagne supernova, no doubt?
Luv this thread, gets funnier by the rainbow.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:57 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Luv this thread, gets funnier by the rainbow.
Reg. Frank R.
It hasn't got going yet, just wait 'til the chorus starts
Old Jan 19th 2009, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

It hasn't got going yet, just wait 'til the chorus starts
A titter was heard
Old Jan 20th 2009, 1:28 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, I could also point out that Mr. Obama, is not the 1st black American President, he is of course, half white. Not exactly, Al Sharpton.
Dream on.
Reg. Frank R.
There was an interesting couple of articles on this topic in the local rag this weekend from interviews with two black women who write for the paper.

Nearly all black Americans have white blood. Obama is 'as black' as Sharpton or anyone else who identifies as 'black'. Obviously 2 women can't speak for every person in the country, but their thoughts are worth reading.

What do you consider Barack Obama to be in terms of race?

NHJ: He's black.

KM: I consider him a black man and part of the very wide spectrum of the black experience.

NHJ: We're not talking genetics. We're talking a cultural experience. That's maybe what people don't understand. Black Americans are not Africans. We are culturally Western. We're very racially mixed. Our skin tends to be lighter. A new bicultural group was created when Africans were brought to America. With Obama, people want to recognize the whiteness that has always been in blackness. (His race) matters because Barack Obama is going to be the most powerful man in the United States and perhaps the world.

Now I have to get back to the breaking scandal with our gay mayor....
Old Jan 20th 2009, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

CarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
The change I speak about is a nation of people that considers community in addition to what they can do for them self.Under the republicans there was a mentality of selfishness aspired to, and I believe, the all about me attitude ,is exactly what lead to the condition the country now find it's self in.

I also believe change means working as a partner with other nations and not using our might to strong arm enemies as well as allies when we disagree with them. I would also like to see our government spent more smart resources on changing relationships with enemies by talking to them instead of ignoring their existence while the tensions and hatred boils over.

Just maybe if we built greater understanding with current enemies there might not be a need to spend so much of the nation's GNP on funding the military in times when there is not a war.Change also would mean not starting wars with nations who had nothing to do with attacking us on 9/11.

And you know it wouldn't be that bad if Change included a government that does not lie to the public about EVERYTHING!! Hell I'll take a government that told me truth 50-70% of the time after these last 8 years.
I sincerely hope that the change you speak of comes to fruition. An ideal world would be fabulous. The reason I asked what change you were referring to, is simply that your words reminded me of many conversations across the UK in 1997. Alas we have seen that story unfold. However, IMO politics / Government and truth, is an oxymoron.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

Seahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Yeah! I particularly like the way that American led the world in abolishing slavery. And introducing women's suffrage. And standing up to fascism.

Or perhaps you mean the way America's led the world in deregulating the financial system, turning obesity into an epidemic and eroding individual civil liberties?

I'm very, very happy that Barack has been elected. I'm equally happy that I'm not a jingoistic twat like you.
Just an anti-American twat!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 4:23 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it'll be the land of unicorns and rainbows tomorrow, I can't wait!
QFT
Old Jan 20th 2009, 4:28 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
Barack and Hillary were the heavy weights in the contest not McCain.

this is one of the more ridiculous comments i'ver ever read.

you can say many things about Obama, hes inspiring, he nearly as far left as Karl Marx, hes great at reading from a teleprompter but a crap orator without it, but at the end of the day he is massively underqualified and has a VERY lightweight record on introducing legislation and actually voting yes or no

"Mr President, shall we demand Hamas and the Israeli's implement a cease-fire immediately?"

"Um, err, um , err.... Present?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.