Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Proud to be an American

Proud to be an American

Old Feb 9th 2006, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Proud to be an American

Yesterday my husband and I went to Orlando for our citizenship interview we were approved at 8.30 yesterday morning at 3.p.m we were sworn in as American citizens. It was a suprise to be approved and sworn in all in one day and great feeling.
The lady who interviewed us was wonderful. She also said that they now had more people and the processing time was speeding up here is our time line.

N-400 application recieved Texas 22nd Feb 2005
Fingerprints done 15th May2005
Interview date recieved 7th January 2006
Interview date 8th Feb.2006
Approval and swearing in 8th Feb.2006

Good Luck to everyone going through for citizenship
Old Feb 9th 2006, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proud to be an American

Originally Posted by Sentosa
Yesterday my husband and I went to Orlando for our citizenship interview we were approved at 8.30 yesterday morning at 3.p.m we were sworn in as American citizens. It was a suprise to be approved and sworn in all in one day and great feeling.
The lady who interviewed us was wonderful. She also said that they now had more people and the processing time was speeding up here is our time line.

Presumably the sense of humour extraction procedure was at 3:30pm?

Well done and congratulations.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 1:48 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to you!!

I look forward to this August when my wife can begin the process...thus ending the Immigration/Alien world behind forever.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 1:54 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

wow congrats ...getting sworn in at the same day was unexpected then?? could you have rescheduled it for another day?? looks like I will be scrambling for babysitters if that happens to me I had my fingerprints taken on Tues and I'm now eagerly awaiting my interview...what was it like?? Is the test as easy peasy as the mock one you can do online?? Oh and do you need to know the pledge of alligence?...my kids have taught me it
Old Feb 9th 2006, 2:03 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Congrats chuck....now get sponsoring Ems for her GC.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 2:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
wow congrats ...getting sworn in at the same day was unexpected then?? could you have rescheduled it for another day?? looks like I will be scrambling for babysitters if that happens to me I had my fingerprints taken on Tues and I'm now eagerly awaiting my interview...what was it like?? Is the test as easy peasy as the mock one you can do online?? Oh and do you need to know the pledge of alligence?...my kids have taught me it

The oath ceremony is not always on the same day. It is only a few cities nationwide that do this. The test is, for now, taken from the questions on the sample. You will be asked between 2 and 10 questions on the sampel.

You can always reschedule if needed. Not recommended as you might be placed in a black hole but you can request rescheduling.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 2:10 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
The oath ceremony is not always on the same day. It is only a few cities nationwide that do this. The test is, for now, taken from the questions on the sample. You will be asked between 2 and 10 questions on the sampel.

You can always reschedule if needed. Not recommended as you might be placed in a black hole but you can request rescheduling.
I think after reading the op I will set up a babysitter for the whole day if I need to....better to be safe than sorry .
Old Feb 9th 2006, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute

Just learn the 100 questions that you can down load, she asked me 4 out of the 10 she took from the computer I told her not to ask me the original 13 states as I could only ever remember 12 she said they don't ask that one now.I was in about 10 minutes and she just went over the application we sent in to see if anything had changed, most of the time was spent changing our address as we have just moved.
We could have come back down to Orlando next Monday to be sworn in at the Convention center, but we didn't want to drive back down. It was a nice ceromony with about 20 people,we didn't have to learn the pledge of alliegence just repeated what the immigration guy said. After it was all over he said " now they can't throw you out, and all the forms are here for you to apply for your families to come over"
I was petrified before the interview I felt sick, but the lady was nice and joked with me and it wasn't bad at all. Good Luck
Old Feb 9th 2006, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rete

In Orlando they told us that if you have an early appointment and you are approved they will do it on the same day if you want, you have a choice, the imigration officer who swore us in said they do between 20 and 30 every day at the Orlando office.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 2:49 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Just learn the 100 questions that you can down load,
Do you have a link? Thanx
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:00 pm
Back Again

Originally Posted by ironporer
Do you have a link? Thanx
http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/require.htm

Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:03 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday my husband and I went to Orlando for our citizenship interview we were approved at 8.30 yesterday morning at 3.p.m we were sworn in as American citizens.
Congrats to you and your hubby! Time to pop open a bottle of the bubbly stuff
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I did this

http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/natz/natztest.asp

shame it only generates 5 qs a time; I managed 9/10 total.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:09 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Just learn the 100 questions that you can down load, she asked me 4 out of the 10 she took from the computer I told her not to ask me the original 13 states as I could only ever remember 12 she said they don't ask that one now.I was in about 10 minutes and she just went over the application we sent in to see if anything had changed, most of the time was spent changing our address as we have just moved.
We could have come back down to Orlando next Monday to be sworn in at the Convention center, but we didn't want to drive back down. It was a nice ceromony with about 20 people,we didn't have to learn the pledge of alliegence just repeated what the immigration guy said. After it was all over he said " now they can't throw you out, and all the forms are here for you to apply for your families to come over"
I was petrified before the interview I felt sick, but the lady was nice and joked with me and it wasn't bad at all. Good Luck

Welldone, and thanks for the info. So you don't need to study the whole thing? just the 100 questions?
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

bloody ell.....yanks for parents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.