Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

PROPOSAL Of Marriage!.

PROPOSAL Of Marriage!.

Old Mar 6th 2006, 7:10 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PROPOSAL Of Marriage!.

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
As long as he bitch slapped her afterwards then I'm cool.
I'll let you know if I hear of any domestic violence.

Crap, isn't saying she knows she'll die if she steps over the line, blood and gore enough?
Old Mar 6th 2006, 7:12 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by snowbunny
I'll let you know if I hear of any domestic violence.

Crap, isn't saying she knows she'll die if she steps over the line, blood and gore enough?

Maybe....but some extra machismo never hurts in these situations.

My wife threatened to kick my ass then whup me round with a piece of 2x4 if I didnt propose....what could I say? I knew she was miss right there and then....I just didnt realise she was miss always frucking right.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 7:12 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
lol, last of the old romantics me!!

We had discussed marriage before, so she knew it was coming at some point.
be honest - you told her you would upload the video she made..
Old Mar 6th 2006, 7:21 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
And sell it to Cyranos.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
Oh I would never blackmail her like that......
Old Mar 6th 2006, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

I love telling the story of our engagement.

Well my now hubby came over to England for 2 weeks so I took him to London for 4 days while he was over. We had looked at stuff online together before he came to see what kind of stuff we would do while we were down there... you know the usual tourist stuff. Well he had it all planned out that he was going to ask me when we rode the London Eye... when it reached the very top. He already had the ring and I had absolutely no idea about any of it.

So we had planned to ride the wheel on the second day but just after we set off it began to rain and then got really misty/foggy so I said to ditch that idea till the next day and we would go to the Tower of London instead. This was in the Feb after the whole 9/11 thing so security was tight. Ron (my husband) was carrying the ring in his bum bag and started to worry that I would see it when they searched us... luckly for him they didn't remove anything from the bag. So there we spent the day we left at closing time 5.30 or 6pm. After we left I said 'come on, I'll take you to see St Paul's Cathedral' I told him it would be closed but we could walk around the outside of it. Anyhow we got over there and walked around the outside when we got to the steps at the front I noticed one of the small side doors open... me being me just walked right on in there... Ron followed. They were holding an evening song/choir service in there. We walked quietly around the inside then sat down to one side of the aisle. He told me later that he was in total awww with the Cathedral and decided that was the perfect place. Anyhow while we were sitting there he started going through his bum bag... and I am sat there thinking to myself 'why is he getting his camera out... there is no way a photo is going to come out in this light'. Well as you have probably guessed he pulled out a ring box and said 'Will you, Ash will you marry me?' I said YES! LOL and he didn't hear me He is sitting there giving me this strange look and said 'well, will you'? He caught the second yes. All I remember after that was feeling like I was walking on air.

I am sure thousands have already been proposed too on the London Eye... but I would bet proposals at St Paul's are a little less common.

Ash
Old Mar 6th 2006, 7:38 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

The real story ....
Attached Thumbnails PROPOSAL Of Marriage!.-homme01.gif  
Old Mar 6th 2006, 7:48 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Ray
The real story ....
Who pissed themselves?
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Well mine was probably the least romantic We were in Starbucks at Baltimore International, I was waiting for my flight home, after one of many trips across the pond . He didn't propose it was more of a discussion over lattes and poppy seed muffin.

Annette
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
:

I am sure thousands have already been proposed too on the London Eye... but I would bet proposals at St Paul's are a little less common.

Ash
Oh how sweet!!

Not mine, we just did it

My friend's hubby came over to S.Africa for two weeks on vacation. They met the second week he was there, went back, sent her a ticket to meet his family 2 months later, went up to Edinburgh to show her the countryside, proposed on top of the Castle right there and then. She came back to S.Africa and in December flew back to get married in the UK. They had been together physically for about 3 weeks total.

They've been married for 15 or so years
Old Mar 7th 2006, 11:52 am
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Ours was somewhere in the Smoky Mountains alongside a stream and a waterfall. The road through the moutains goes right by it, and every time we pass it, we both spend ages trying to work out exactly where on earth it was ! LOL......

But I did the one knee thing too..... ya gotta do something romantic at times, and she still asks me when I'm going to do something romantic again..... c'mon once in 4 years is enough for me.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 1:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Can't remember. There again it was almost 30 yrs ago.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:00 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

While being "booted" from the country, went somin' like this... "err...go on then"...and yonks later, we got married
Old Mar 7th 2006, 11:50 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Can't remember. There again it was almost 30 yrs ago.
Married 30 years ago??? You should be booted out of BE under the Trades Description Act then...Jerseygran!! I was gonna start hitting on you next if i had no luck with Leslie.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
I was gonna start hitting on you next if i had no luck with Leslie.
Run....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.