Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Proof of vaccination requirements

Proof of vaccination requirements

Old May 21st 2021, 1:49 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Proof of vaccination requirements

At the moment things seem to be a bit spotty between different countries, but I wanted to mention an issue I discovered in our future travel plans.

Some countries are requiring that proof of vaccination (i.e. vaccine cards, records, etc) match EXACTLY the name on the travel documents. If your passport is Last, First, Middle you are going to need Last, First, Middle on your vaccine card. The US CDC card has space for middle initial (MI) but we had the nurse fill in our full middle name to avoid this problem.

Anyway, if you haven't gotten your vaccine yet, you might look at getting this added to the vaccine record.
Old May 21st 2021, 2:00 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of vaccination requirements

Originally Posted by penguinsix View Post
At the moment things seem to be a bit spotty between different countries, but I wanted to mention an issue I discovered in our future travel plans.

Some countries are requiring that proof of vaccination (i.e. vaccine cards, records, etc) match EXACTLY the name on the travel documents. If your passport is Last, First, Middle you are going to need Last, First, Middle on your vaccine card. The US CDC card has space for middle initial (MI) but we had the nurse fill in our full middle name to avoid this problem.

Anyway, if you haven't gotten your vaccine yet, you might look at getting this added to the vaccine record.
My CDC card and VAMS certificate did not have my middle name or initial listed … but I was able to add it to my VAMS account just now and download the certificate again and it was then on it.
Old May 21st 2021, 2:03 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht View Post
My CDC card and VAMS certificate did not have my middle name or initial listed … but I was able to add it to my VAMS account just now and download the certificate again and it was then on it.

What is a VAMS account/certificate please?

I have the CDC card I was given when vaccinated, but no mention was made of anything else.
Old May 21st 2021, 2:36 pm
tht

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
What is a VAMS account/certificate please?

I have the CDC card I was given when vaccinated, but no mention was made of anything else.
It’s the CDC site for vaccination, it’s where I got my appointment. vams.cdc.gov I assume that there will be a way to have the clear health-pass or whatever other private provider becomes the deafacto US vacine passport validate my details from it in the future. I assume that they will do the same with CVS, Walgreens and other trusted providers as well.

https://www.clearme.com/healthpass
Old May 21st 2021, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently it is quite easy to get a fake vaccination card.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...blem-says-fbi/

The Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General (HHS-OIG) and the FBI have noticed that such cards have been “advertised on social media websites, as well as e-commerce platforms and blogs,” and issued a stern warning about them: “If you did not receive the vaccine, do not buy fake vaccine cards, do not make your own vaccine cards, and do not fill-in blank vaccination record cards with false information.”
Old May 21st 2021, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute

They didn't even both with my middle initial on my card. I am quite concerned that no one will use these CDC cards as proof as people will have a large incentive to fake them if so.
Old May 21st 2021, 3:06 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht View Post
It’s the CDC site for vaccination, it’s where I got my appointment. vams.cdc.gov I assume that there will be a way to have the clear health-pass or whatever other private provider becomes the deafacto US vacine passport validate my details from it in the future. I assume that they will do the same with CVS, Walgreens and other trusted providers as well.

https://www.clearme.com/healthpass

Right. CDC says that they don't have individual vaccine records, presumably referring to anyone who didn't schedule that way. We got ours at a local hospital at the invitation of city government. Will have to await a centralised system of some kind I suppose.
Old May 21st 2021, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

destone is just really nicedestone is just really nicedestone is just really nicedestone is just really nicedestone is just really nicedestone is just really nicedestone is just really nicedestone is just really nice

Originally Posted by penguinsix View Post

Some countries are requiring that proof of vaccination (i.e. vaccine cards, records, etc) match EXACTLY the name on the travel documents.
This is news to me. What countries? There isn’t an internationally approved scheme as of yet. Perhaps Q4 ‘21.
Old May 21st 2021, 5:32 pm
tht

Originally Posted by destone View Post
This is news to me. What countries? There isn’t an internationally approved scheme as of yet. Perhaps Q4 ‘21.
Who would approve an internationally approved scheme? I assume that it will be bilateral / reciprocal between counties and with the US Federal gov saying they won’t have one it’s more likely to be a/multiple private providers here in the US.
Old May 24th 2021, 10:37 pm
tht

Looks like United airlines is not waiting for governments or a private vacine passport… they are asking their frequent flyers to upload proof and offering a free flight lottery in return:

https://hub.united.com/united-sweeps...653090080.html
Old Jun 7th 2021, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Right. CDC says that they don't have individual vaccine records, presumably referring to anyone who didn't schedule that way. We got ours at a local hospital at the invitation of city government. Will have to await a centralised system of some kind I suppose.

This is the United States, remember? You will be waiting a long time for a centralized system that does anything useful ...
Old Jun 10th 2021, 10:54 pm
tht

Looks like NY has one now, but you can’t sign up unless you got the actual vaccine in NY state: https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov...sked-questions