Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Proof of jabs

Proof of jabs

Old Jul 5th 2010, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Venus is a name known to allVenus is a name known to allVenus is a name known to allVenus is a name known to allVenus is a name known to allVenus is a name known to allVenus is a name known to allVenus is a name known to allVenus is a name known to allVenus is a name known to allVenus is a name known to all
Default Proof of jabs

We are moving in three weeks time and the panic is starting to set it. My daughter is going to start 1st grade there and I'm trying to sort out her jabs.
She has them all except the Hepatitis ones, which we have made an appointment for. So I asked my GP for a print out to proof she had them all done but he couldn't work out how to do it...I know! So I asked at the reception who also didn't know how to do it.
So my question is will the "red book" be sufficient proof for the jabs? or what should I do?
Old Jul 5th 2010, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of jabs

Are you talking about proof for school? In which case you'll fill out a form and sign it, I've never heard of anyone asking for proof. BUT every school district can be very different, so bring your red book along as proof.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

My son was a lot older (16) when we came but I did have to show proof of his inoculation records, when I registered him for school, I had a print out from the GP, I dont know what a red book is but yes bring it with you. I cant believe they don't know how to print off the report, mind you my GP was a waste of time throughout so I guess I shouldn't be surprised
Old Jul 5th 2010, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Venus is a name known to allVenus is a name known to allVenus is a name known to allVenus is a name known to allVenus is a name known to allVenus is a name known to allVenus is a name known to allVenus is a name known to allVenus is a name known to allVenus is a name known to allVenus is a name known to all

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to call the health visitor tomorrow to see if I have more luck but I have the feeling that they will be useless too as everytime I ask something of them they answer "go to your GP".
The red book, is where they write down the childrens weight as well as their jabs records so I guess that would do. I was just asking in case they needed something more official.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light

when i came over and adjusted status they just took my blood and checked my tighters anyway....so i guess that would always be an option!
Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

bostonbound will become famous soon enough

Hi Venus

The red book was sufficient for the school my children go to. The only problem we had was the school nurse kept transposing the dates so the computer would flag it as not being acceptable. I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to explain to her that we write our dates a different way round to the American's!
Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ja5on
when i came over and adjusted status they just took my blood and checked my tighters anyway....so i guess that would always be an option!
I think you mean "titers"... because I had an image of of them taking blood and looking down your pants!

Ian
Old Jul 5th 2010, 8:56 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

FYI....once you get here, if you say "jabs" they will look at you like you are an alien. They say "shots".

good luck
Old Jul 5th 2010, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I think you mean "titers"... because I had an image of of them taking blood and looking down your pants!

Ian
just as i thought my spelling was improving!
Old Jul 5th 2010, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

The red book it is then. Thank you very much I knew you would know more than my GP
Juswus- thanks for that. English is not my first language so I'm sure I will make many more mistakes.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 9:45 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Venus
Juswus- thanks for that. English is not my first language so I'm sure I will make many more mistakes.
wow. You're doing amazing then!
Old Jul 5th 2010, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, I am married to an English man so I guess that helps.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of light

If it helps I went straight to the practice nurse at my doctors surgery who took about 2 minutes to fill the forms in. I got the forms from a school's website in WA, it's not the school my kids will go to but it lists every possible inoculation with a space to write in the date of the shot, which the nurse has filled in.

The Hep jabs I had to get from a travel clinic as they were not offered (even privately) by my surgery but the receptionists at my surgery were extremely helpful in providing a list of all the clinics in the vicinity.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 11:39 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Note the Hep vaccine is often a multi-shot variant, with a first shot being given, then a second a month later, and a third after six months or so. Depends on which vaccine you are getting, but you may need to finish the course in the US.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 1:11 am
Just Joined

Gruffalogill is an unknown quantity at this point

Check if your GP surgery has a Practice Manager and ask him/her - they're usually to be found lurking behind the scenes somewhere

Also, some states require a chickenpox vaccination or a letter from your GP stating that your child has had it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.