Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Problems with United.....

Problems with United.....

Old Aug 15th 2011, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Apfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problems with United.....

Originally Posted by Ja5on
Yeah he spoke to the supervisor and said she was very abrupt and unhelpful.....
That's pretty much a prerequisite if you want to work for United.

They said that because of the passport then the TSA might not allow him through. He had his connection in DC and said that he would take his chances and if not he would have to go the embassy, they said that he needed a new ticket for the plane to dc so he had his original seat plus the extra one that he paid for right next to it.
That's so weird. So she didn't provide any rationale then? I could sort of understand the logic of making someone pay extra for an international flight in case they got bounced at the other end and the airline was responsible for returning them (although if your friends is a UKC I doubt that would have happened when he got home), but why would United have any responsibility for returning him from DC to his original point of departure in the US?

In any case, I've flown with United from various US airports to London with a connection in DC and never had any contact with the TSA at Dulles. It has always just been a case of going from one gate to another and boarding the second plane (passport checked again at second flight, but only by United staff).
Old Aug 15th 2011, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of

Old Aug 15th 2011, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Apfelkuchen

That's so weird. So she didn't provide any rationale then? I could sort of understand the logic of making someone pay extra for an international flight in case they got bounced at the other end and the airline was responsible for returning them (although if your friends is a UKC I doubt that would have happened when he got home), but why would United have any responsibility for returning him from DC to his original point of departure in the US?
No she just said that he couldn't travel with it and if he wanted to then he had to pay $500. When he tried to talk to her about it she said, "you can either pay for a new ticket or we have nothing to talk about."

He said that each time he would try to talk to her she would also loudly say, "Sir you need to calm down" even though he wasn't yelling or showing any aggression what so ever. I know I'll be doing my very best never to travel with them again anyway.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Apfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ja5on
No she just said that he couldn't travel with it and if he wanted to then he had to pay $500. When he tried to talk to her about it she said, "you can either pay for a new ticket or we have nothing to talk about."

He said that each time he would try to talk to her she would also loudly say, "Sir you need to calm down" even though he wasn't yelling or showing any aggression what so ever. I know I'll be doing my very best never to travel with them again anyway.
How maddening . Good luck to him for getting the money back.