Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Price of gas update...

Price of gas update...

Old Apr 21st 2020, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Price of gas update...

Originally Posted by caretaker
In Old Mexico a reliable standard of measure in the markets was the mano, or handful.
Apologies for being way off topic but couldn't pass this one over.

Apparently more than a mano of thrupney bits is a waste.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

And,,,, still holding steady at $1.719 at my local.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 10:43 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
...And what about the groats, crowns, half crowns, florins and 'thrupney' bits? ....
I only gave you the condensed version here today. And you forgot sovereigns.

I've just been to look for information on obsolete British coins and there have been a load of others, including fractional farthings down to 1/4 farthing, and below that a "mite" which was 1/6 of a farthing, equalling 1/24 of a penny, and therefore £0.0001736!
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 2:18 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I only gave you the condensed version here today. And you forgot sovereigns.

I've just been to look for information on obsolete British coins and there have been a load of others, including fractional farthings down to 1/4 farthing, and below that a "mite" which was 1/6 of a farthing, equalling 1/24 of a penny, and therefore £0.0001736!
You could go out, eat two slap-up meals, spend the rest of the night down the pub and buy three houses for that much!
... and still have change for chips on the way home....

In reality, I went to Rome with some mates in 1981. Our "hotel"was a large apartment on the 5th floor of a building and there was an antique lift to get you up there. But it wasn't free! You had to put a 5 Lire coin (a "fishy" because it showed a dolphin) in the slot. The coins were available from reception..... because they didn't even come as change - not surprisingly since there were about 2300 Lire to the Pound. The exchange rate was so high and the currency so volatile that when the three of us went to change £50 at the bank and queued one behind the other, we each got a different amount in return!! Back to the lift. Given the size of the coin box. I calculated that it would hold a hundred to two hundred coins at most. So, someone would have to come out to empty the cashbox and reset it... all for less than 50p!!
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Down two cents, now sitting at $1.699.
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 11:56 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Down two cents, now sitting at $1.699.
This would be great news if I needed gas. I haven't bought gas this month. I doubt there's room for more than about 10 gallons in my truck, and Mrs P's Accord is about 1 gallon from brim full.

To make the most of my Kroger discount on gas that expires at the end of the month I will probably take 5 gallon gas cans with me when I go to top-of-the-range my truck next week.
Old Apr 23rd 2020, 5:34 am
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

It was $1.45 when I filled up. I filled my truck up for under $30 when it usually costs about $50. No clue how much it would cost to fill the wife's car though as she never puts any gas in the damn thing, if I ever take it anywhere I always have to plan for getting gas first, that and clearing a mountain of garbage out of it too.
Old Apr 23rd 2020, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
It was $1.45 when I filled up. I filled my truck up for under $30 when it usually costs about $50. No clue how much it would cost to fill the wife's car though as she never puts any gas in the damn thing, if I ever take it anywhere I always have to plan for getting gas first, that and clearing a mountain of garbage out of it too.
That does my head in too, people like my step daughter, who hasn't got two beans to her name, go out, spent thousands (*borrow) on a nice vehicle and from that day forth it looks no better inside than the bottom of a McD's, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts trash can.
Old Apr 23rd 2020, 1:23 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

It's hovering around the low $1.70s round my way right now. I did just realize this morning that I haven't filled up since Easter Sunday. This is by far the longest I've gone between fillups - eleven days and I still have about a half a tank left
Old Apr 23rd 2020, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
To make the most of my Kroger discount on gas that expires at the end of the month I will probably take 5 gallon gas cans with me when I go to top-of-the-range my truck next week.
I let $3/gal of Stop & Shop gas rewards expire last week because my gas powered car was full and the other one is powered by electricity so I can't put gas in that
Old Apr 24th 2020, 8:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

$1.83G is the best I've seen down my way.
Old Apr 24th 2020, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

$1.31 this morning. Cheapest I have ever seen in the last 17 years was $1.28 in 2004. We're almost there.
Old Apr 24th 2020, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chawkins99
$1.31 this morning. Cheapest I have ever seen in the last 17 years was $1.28 in 2004. We're almost there.
I'd hazard a guess that this area is going no lower ($1.699), traffic was normal today. Over the last month it's been nice driving places, drivers were courteous, accidents almost non existent and we could make 'good progress', Today the arsehole drivers have increased fivefold overnight, sirens and tow trucks everywhere dealing with accidents and usual miserable progress, the weather's shite and although smaller businesses seem to be opening up again all the public gathering places are still closed. So where the f**k was everyone going today???
Old Apr 24th 2020, 10:13 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I'd hazard a guess that this area is going no lower ($1.699), traffic was normal today. Over the last month it's been nice driving places, drivers were courteous, accidents almost non existent and we could make 'good progress', Today the arsehole drivers have increased fivefold overnight, sirens and tow trucks everywhere dealing with accidents and usual miserable progress, the weather's shite and although smaller businesses seem to be opening up again all the public gathering places are still closed. So where the f**k was everyone going today???
My dad said "Look at all those people!, and half of them don't know where they're going". [that was in the 60's, but still applicable]
Old Apr 27th 2020, 5:04 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

$1.79-$1.95 in Southern Maryland area.

Wish the car washes were open though as my car is a bit of a mess now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.