Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Pres Bush Donates $10,000 to Tsunami Fund

Pres Bush Donates $10,000 to Tsunami Fund

Old Jan 6th 2005, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pres Bush Donates $10,000 to Tsunami Fund

Originally Posted by Jess5377
His clothes are in all likelihood free. And as President he is only earning $200k p/yr before taxes.

!only!
Old Jan 6th 2005, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Jess5377 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by USBound
!only!
As he is leader of the US and has the highest position the US has to offer (people dream about become the Pres) it isn't very much. I know many people who earn a lot more and have no power.
Old Jan 6th 2005, 11:20 pm
Franklin

His clothes are in all likelihood free. And as President he is only earning $200k p/yr before taxes.
Yeah, the way Englishmum tells it her hubby is rolling in it ... big executive traveling the world and then some with a big fat salary and a wallet the size of an American fridge-freezer and earning a million bucks more than the President, with postings here, there, NY, offered Tokyo, Asia, and her in pussy boots lording it over us telling us about how good her American Express feels and how good her kids' schools are and how posh and nice and desirable this is and that is. Well Englishmum how much did your rich swanky husband executive donate to the cause? 10p?

Old Jan 7th 2005, 3:36 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
Liverpool's great! my Aunty & family lives there so i went often as a child and then spent 2 yrs there at University....it's a really cool place ,everything within walking distance and you don't have the Uni set up so you only end up mingling with boring students
After being in the States so long the last time i went to Liverpool i could have just sat down on a bench in the city center and soaked up the atmosphere
Please change your avtar Celts, its difficult to type with a stiffy!! (I don't get out much - mainly by court order)
Old Jan 7th 2005, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Off topic but I gotta ask...

PA why do you have your font so large? do you have problems reading or do you just think everyone else does?

Just curious

Ash
Old Jan 7th 2005, 4:42 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Off topic but I gotta ask...

PA why do you have your font so large? do you have problems reading or do you just think everyone else does?

Just curious

Ash
He has probably seen Celtic Angels latest Avtar and the resulting masturbation has caused his eyesite to fail - thats my theory.

Buggar, I am having trouble seeing now
Old Jan 7th 2005, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
He has probably seen Celtic Angels latest Avtar and the resulting masturbation has caused his eyesite to fail - thats my theory.

Buggar, I am having trouble seeing now
LOL

Very possible
Old Jan 7th 2005, 11:21 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

He does? What does he do with the other $200K then

http://www.lib.umich.edu/govdocs/fedprssal.html
Old Jan 7th 2005, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Manc
He does? What does he do with the other $200K then

http://www.lib.umich.edu/govdocs/fedprssal.html
Paying his daughter's bar tabs.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 12:17 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
Please change your avtar Celts, its difficult to type with a stiffy
Try typing with your hands like everyone else then.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 12:34 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Pres Bush Donates $10,000 to Tsunami Fund

Originally Posted by Patent Attorney
Yeah, the way Englishmum tells it her hubby is rolling in it ... big executive traveling the world and then some with a big fat salary and a wallet the size of an American fridge-freezer and earning a million bucks more than the President, with postings here, there, NY, offered Tokyo, Asia, and her in pussy boots lording it over us telling us about how good her American Express feels and how good her kids' schools are and how posh and nice and desirable this is and that is. Well Englishmum how much did your rich swanky husband executive donate to the cause? 10p?

If I wasn't in such a good mood this morning I would tell you to go and **** yourself.

We are certainly not 'rolling in it'.....we live in an affluent town purely because of the top-rated public school system - but as a couple of people who contribute on this board will attest, I live in a very small and modest three-bedroom/one bathroomed house which is no bigger than one would find in the UK. As for the big fat salary - well that would be nice but my husband earns less than the President I will have you know.

For the record.....*before* the tsunami disaster I had asked my husband to make a donation to charity as one of my Christmas gifts. I'm not interested in acquiring material things. On Christmas morning enclosed in a card he had written for me was the receipt for a large donation to Oxfam (UK). His company is matching donations to the disaster fund....he is checking to see if his donation will count as it went to Oxfam UK (he didn't know that there is an Oxfam America).
Old Jan 7th 2005, 12:52 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patent Attorney
Well Englishmum how much did your rich swanky husband executive donate to the cause? 10p?
10p more than me.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 1:16 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Being the Devil's Advocate here but if Bush can give $10,000 to needy people overseas, how much, if any should he give out of his personal pocket to those who live as an underclass within the boundaries of the American borders. I'm not referring to the illegals who live in the US either.

There are natural disasters occurring in the US such as wildfires, hurricanes, tornados, floods that may not kill many people on the scale as the effects of the tsunami in SE Asia but nevertheless, people loose their homes, all their possessions and possibly their livelihoods (farmers, etc.).

NC Penguin
Old Jan 7th 2005, 1:18 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
but nevertheless, people loose their homes, all their possessions and possibly their livelihoods (farmers, etc.).

NC Penguin
we're expected to have insurance to protect us..............

there are no insurance companies in Indonesia apparently.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 1:25 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Pres Bush Donates $10,000 to Tsunami Fund

Originally Posted by Manc
we're expected to have insurance to protect us..............

<<snip>>
.... if insurers are even prepared to offer cover to those living in known areas subjected to hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, etc.

Plus, if the coverage is available, it's may well be an astronomical figure that some families may struggle to pay.

NC Penguin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.