Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

preparing to move to CA.. how to find a place to live?

preparing to move to CA.. how to find a place to live?

Old Aug 3rd 2011, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

bivlover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: preparing to move to CA.. how to find a place to live?

We gave up on Craigslist after coming across many scams, liars and other assorted rip-off merchants... I'd say to anyone using that site to rent a place, don't give them any money or personal info until you are 100% sure about them.
West side rentals was the site we picked that led us to the place we have now. We had to pay a little bit to join but it was worth it just to know that most of the ads we were looking at were genuine.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

CL's a minefield of muppets and chancers.

In San Diego we have free weekly paper called 'The Reader' , I've had luck there. I know there's the equivalent in OC just can't remember what it's called.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of light

I wouldn't give up on CL, but you have to be careful. Both me and my wife have very good experiences with finding a place to live via CL, but we had some odd experiences, too.

Just keep your wits about you.