Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Preconceptions

Originally Posted by psb182
can't lighten up I am having a rough time in life right now....lol

fair play to you - but does'nt mean other cant enjoy being here
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
fair play to you - but does'nt mean other cant enjoy being here
I said that as a joke because he/she said "I was having a hard time in life now".......another person "assuming"
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:41 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

no not having a hard time at all.....you see I sell the American dream to people like you......and MOST can't afford it.......you say stuff like this and you have no idea who I am......I could be Bill Gates for all you know

anyway I refuse to play mind games with an unarmed opponent.....go get into a pissing contest with someone who gives a shit

Excuse me asshole, you're the one that started the "pissing contest", so don't give it if you can't take it, and I don't give a rat's ass who you ****ing are. Whoever you are, you think way too highly of yourself.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pigtails
Excuse me asshole, you're the one that started the "pissing contest", so don't give it if you can't take it, and I don't give a rat's ass who you ****ing are. Whoever you are, you think way too highly of yourself.

you crack me up
Old Feb 7th 2005, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

wouldn't we all.......it's only because land is so much more valuable in the UK thats all....and besides what can your house give you that you couldn't get in a house in the UK....I will tell you the answer "NOTHING" because all the houses and all the SUV's in the world don't mean SQUAT.......it's the relationships you have with PEOPLE that MATTER........I recon 90% of the people over here are slaves to the almighty $$$$$ the other 10% are HAPPY........most people think $$$ makes you happy or should I say what $$$ can bring you.....but it's a lie.......belive me I have a lot of STUFF myself but I realize what it is it's just STUFF thats all, true happiness will only come from your relationships with your fellow man.........good luck

I know what you mean, I have everything I want and more, but try telling people who have **** all that all they really need in life is their fellow man, what they want is stuff!
Old Feb 7th 2005, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FIRSTIMER
Did you have any preconceived ideas about America, that you have since been unfounded - for Good or Bad? e.g quality of life, community relations, Taxes, Health etc
Is there really any thing like the American dream? Hah!
I was hoping to never worry about speed cameras again but here it's worse, cops with radar guns everywhere , and whats worse is you never know where they are, at least you do with speed cameras, got nicked in the first six months of being here before that had never been caught once at home (apart from 3 points I took for my husband as I'm so nice) I'm supposed to be doing my 8 hours of online traffic school now but keep getting side tracked.......
Old Feb 8th 2005, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I find the best pre-conception is a romantic evening with a bottle of wine & some lovely food. Works a treat
Old Feb 8th 2005, 1:12 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
I find the best pre-conception is a romantic evening with a bottle of wine & some lovely food. Works a treat
Alone or with company?

NC Penguin
Old Feb 8th 2005, 1:20 pm
Thumbing a ride.

Berta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really nice

I can offer some advice on DMV queues. I never go in there and prepare to stand in line. I always call in advance and make an appointment. It never ceases to amaze me that people don't know to do this. I'm always met with the angry faces of the massess when I breeze in, walk right up, and leave in about 10 minutes. Hope that helps.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 5:14 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

My preconceptions of America was lots of beautiful women with really big tits.....glad to say my preconceptions were spot on!
Old Feb 8th 2005, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

I had no preconceptions this time around and I vaguely remember that for our brief 9-month stint at the end of the 80's being nervous and excited. This time around I knew I would be contending with all sorts of crap but it was only for 14 months. In the intervening years, its appears to have gotten worse plus churches are rising up at such a rate; soon they will be outnumbering the people going.

To be honest, after nearly 5 yrs, I am still astounded that I can get so worked up about everyday life over here but I am nowhere as bad as my husband or eldest daughter. American dream, up your ar** unless you earn a ton of money and have good insurance.

If never ceases to amaze me how this is meant to be a good caring Christian society and yet nobody seems to give a toss about anyone but themselves. I know that the Daily show is a spoof (so please don't jump down my throat) but I could not believe the segment on social security and the black lady being interviewed said in all seriousness that she couldn't understand why she should be paying money for a bunch of Old Folk. Hello, lady, one day you will be old and dependant, betcha you will glad of some help by them. Oh sorry, you were too selfish as a young hip thing and all that went out with the ark. Maybe you should ask your church for a decent pension?

Sorry had a bad day talking to a person in India about a health insurance claim today. Pointless talking to him as the fax I was referring to, was sent to AZ where the f**king company meant to be based!
Old Feb 9th 2005, 8:02 am
Just Joined

FIRSTIMER is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=jjmb]I had no preconceptions this time around and I vaguely remember that for our brief 9-month stint at the end of the 80's being nervous and excited. This time around I knew I would be contending with all sorts of crap but it was only for 14 months. In the intervening years, its appears to have gotten worse plus churches are rising up at such a rate; soon they will be outnumbering the people going.

To be honest, after nearly 5 yrs, I am still astounded that I can get so worked up about everyday life over here but I am nowhere as bad as my husband or eldest daughter. American dream, up your ar** unless you earn a ton of money and have good insurance.

If never ceases to amaze me how this is meant to be a good caring Christian society and yet nobody seems to give a toss about anyone but themselves. I know that the Daily show is a spoof (so please don't jump down my throat) but I could not believe the segment on social security and the black lady being interviewed said in all seriousness that she couldn't understand why she should be paying money for a bunch of Old Folk. Hello, lady, one day you will be old and dependant, betcha you will glad of some help by them. Oh sorry, you were too selfish as a young hip thing and all that went out with the ark. Maybe you should ask your church for a decent pension?

Sorry had a bad day talking to a person in India about a health insurance claim today. Pointless talking to him as the fax I was referring to, was sent to AZ where the f**king company meant to be based!

[/QUOTE

Take a break when stressed out and take one day at a time. What do you have against churches? We have pubs in England, they have churches. Have you heard of the current drinking rates in England? Especially with women - shocking.
And on the fax you sent (smile) the world is always changing. Try to be flexible.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 3:32 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FIRSTIMER
What do you have against churches?
Out of the many types of Churchgoers, there are two particularly evil kinds. When they find out you don't go to Church, they either: a) try to drag you kicking and screaming into the nearest Church, or b) wish you a good day, turn around and never talk to you again.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Out of the many types of Churchgoers, there are two particularly evil kinds. When they find out you don't go to Church, they either: a) try to drag you kicking and screaming into the nearest Church, or b) wish you a good day, turn around and never talk to you again.

It's always the "born again" Church-goers (sp?) that are the worst.

Particularly the reformed alcoholics.

-tom
Old Feb 9th 2005, 5:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Errr...surprised at cost of some of the food and how different it can be, like bread, and the use of corn syrup in everything...

oh, and I didn't think getting booze could be so much of a hassle, but it is.

perception of how cheap the petrol is....well it doesn't go as far and the gallon's far less, so it ain't that much cheaper running a car, considering the crap milage the cars get....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.