Power Cuts

Old Sep 11th 2006, 12:15 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Power Cuts

Originally Posted by elfman
Woke up this morning at about 8:20 to discover that we had no power. Found out from the neighbours it went off around 7:30am, and it eventually came back on at 10:55am. Then at about 2:30pm, just as I was putting the finishing touches to a lengthy email, the bloody power went out again, but this time for only 10 minutes. This is not as unusual as you might think - in the 25 months we've lived in our current house we've had a couple of power cuts obviously due to storms but about half a dozen outages (including today's as one) in good weather for no apparent reason. I lived for a similar period of time in a town in Uganda and can honestly say that I found the power supply there to be marginally more reliable than it is here in north-central NJ.

Is the power supply more or less reliable than this for everyone else? We live in a fairly suburbanised area 30 miles west of New York - it's not like we're out in the sticks here.
We loss power for a few seconds a few times a month in MA.....power outs of over 30 mins we've only had in storms....but then again we've had really bad storms and never lost power...my phone in FL records power outs...and when we go down there .. in say the 3 months or so before while the house was empty... we've had about 8 power outs...