Power Cuts

Old Sep 9th 2006, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Power Cuts

Originally Posted by elfman
Oh Canada - also known to certain people as the Soviet Republic of Canuckistan.

PMSL - My next avatar - hope you dont mind.
Old Sep 9th 2006, 11:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
I thought we were just considered the "bedroom" of the states!
naaa, the pants, surely?
Old Sep 9th 2006, 11:40 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Happened all the time in NJ (North New Jersey), rarely happens on Long Island. Can count on one hand the number of times we have lost power in the six years we have lived in this house. Our powerlines are underground where we are here so we don't get the problems of ice bringing the powerlines down in the winter.
Old Sep 9th 2006, 11:49 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

In the nearly 10 years I've been here, I've experienced exactly one power outage, and that was when one of the hurricanes (can't remember which) knocked out the transformer across the street from us.
Old Sep 10th 2006, 12:19 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Always having them here we got a back up genny really pisses our neighbour off
Old Sep 10th 2006, 12:22 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
In the nearly 10 years I've been here, I've experienced exactly one power outage, and that was when one of the hurricanes (can't remember which) knocked out the transformer across the street from us.

Reminds me of the time I was told that to sort our phone problems out the phone company had replaced the cable 'all the way from Bermuda' I thought fluck me thats top service took me two weeks to realise he meant Bermuda Street just around the corner
Old Sep 10th 2006, 7:35 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Power went out here at 2300 hrs last night and went on again at 1430. happens at least twice a month in the winter months up here due to snow fall and/or ice storms.

I am so sick of hearing how advanced this country is.......power lines on poles in winters with snowfall measured in feet NOT inches ???? WTF is all that about. I can remember the last time I had a power cut in the UK.

We have 6 kids here....I can't afford to be subjected to regular powercuts. Everytime the lights come back on there's another bloody mouth to feed.
The last power cuts I remember in the UK were during the miners strike( Yes I am that old) We have been here nearly a year and have had quite a few.
I don't understand why the power lines are all draped above ground; the trees are always falling on them here.
I am also sick of hearing how advanced this country is. Sometimes I feel I have stepped onto the ark.
But at least petrol is getting cheaper.

Last edited by jumping doris; Sep 10th 2006 at 7:36 pm. Reason: gibberish
Old Sep 10th 2006, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jumping doris
The last power cuts I remember in the UK were during the miners strike( Yes I am that old) We have been here nearly a year and have had quite a few.
I don't understand why the power lines are all draped above ground; the trees are always falling on them here.
I am also sick of hearing how advanced this country is. Sometimes I feel I have stepped onto the ark.

May I be so bold as to explain that you elected a president who doesnt believe in conservation......during the blackouts in california a few years ago, he was quoted as saying something to the effect ...."the american public shouldnt have to conserve, there should be hydro and oil available in the quantities that are needed to supply the american public.......that's why despite 3 other countries protesting against it, he has passed a bill to start drilling in the arctic.....now how archaic :scared: can one person be?
Old Sep 10th 2006, 7:45 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

the miners strike( Yes I am that old)
But you don't look it ...........
Old Sep 10th 2006, 7:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
May I be so bold as to explain that you elected a president who doesnt believe in conservation......during the blackouts in california a few years ago, he was quoted as saying something to the effect ...."the american public shouldnt have to conserve, there should be hydro and oil available in the quantities that are needed to supply the american public.......that's why despite 3 other countries protesting against it, he has passed a bill to start drilling in the arctic.....now how archaic :scared: can one person be?
She didn't...she's a Brit...another Yorkshire lass to boot!
Old Sep 10th 2006, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
She didn't...she's a Brit...another Yorkshire lass to boot!

PMSL - smart-ass - I was using "you" in general terms.....let me rephrase it then to the american public who voted......
Old Sep 10th 2006, 7:51 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

About drilling in the Arctic. Did I dream a thread or news report a short while ago that said they were abandoning the Arctic?
Old Sep 10th 2006, 7:52 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

About drilling in the Arctic. Did I dream a thread or news report a short while ago that said they were abandoning the Arctic?
No !! that was your husband saying no sex when its cold ...
so I can understand the confusion...
Old Sep 10th 2006, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Might have - I havent been keeping track that closely to tell the truth....but it must have been under pressure from canada and the other countries if the states did. I cant believe bush would be intelligent enough to realize the mistake himself.
Old Sep 10th 2006, 7:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

We had them everytime we had a storm when we lived in the UK. We lived in a small village and ours was the only road with overhead cables.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.