Reload this Page >

A possible job relocation to Atlanta

A possible job relocation to Atlanta

Old Oct 13th 2016, 10:39 am
Just Joined

possible mover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A possible job relocation to Atlanta

Hi all

I asked to consider a job in Atlanta (current employer of 3 years in the UK) The role is a Senior Management role so I do not think a visa should be an issue for my family (hopefully). I am married (10 years) and have twin 6 year olds and 2 year old.

However I am really keen to gain some useful information/tips from those who have made a move from the UK to USA already. In the UK we own a house which we will either sell or rent out - open to both. We will have to rent went we move to Georgia, can any one advise on their experience of being able to rent or when they went on to purchase a home? Our credit ratings in the UK are perfect but I guess we have to start again in USA?

I have looked into schools and I am not worried as the schools in East Cobb County look very good. But I am interested in what people found the biggest differences were and things they would recommend I think about before the move.

Also any experience of relocation packages is appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
Old Oct 13th 2016, 3:04 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A possible job relocation to Atlanta

Get an Amex card immediately (now, in the UK) if you don't have one already, as Amex will issue you a US Amex card based on your prior history with them in the UK, subject to a minimum period of you having had the UK card of three months.

International Autosource will finance a car for you on "standard US terms" based on your UK credit history and you having a job to go to in the US. You must sign the contract and pay a deposit before you arrive in the US. I used IA myself and they are totally legit - their primary business is selling vehicles to US servicemen and women.

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 13th 2016 at 3:26 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2016, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

possible mover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A possible job relocation to Atlanta

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Get an Amex card immediately (now, in the UK) if you don't have one already, as Amex will issue you a US Amex card based on your prior history with them in the UK, subject to a minimum period of you having had the UK card of three months.

International Autosource will finance a car for you on "standard US terms" based on your UK credit history and you having a job to go to in the US. You must sign the contract and.pay a deposit before you arrive in the US. I used IA myself and they are totally legit - their primary business is selling vehicles to US servicemen and women.
Thank you for the advice I will look up re the car. Also it's great to here about the Amex as I actually have had an Amex already directly from American Express and have since Feb this year so that's very handy.

Thank you!!