Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Poppy Appeal 2014

Poppy Appeal 2014

Old Oct 30th 2014, 9:14 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poppy Appeal 2014

The Royal British Legion - The Royal British Legion.

http://poppies.hrp.org.uk/ (Tower of London moat) and video of the installation: http://poppies.hrp.org.uk/about-the-installation

Last edited by Englishmum; Oct 30th 2014 at 9:23 am.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 12:06 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently all of the Tower poppies have been sold. Nice.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Springy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud of

Was at the Tower on Saturday - it was great to see so many people there and, without exception, being respectful and reflective. I even managed to spot the 2 poppies I'd bought!
Old Nov 12th 2014, 9:00 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Apparently all of the Tower poppies have been sold. Nice.
Yeah, I ummed and ahhed about getting one and by the time I decided to, they'd all gone!
Old Nov 21st 2014, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

stephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nice

$79.00 from the tin-rattling this year - many thanks to all who chipped in!!

Old Nov 22nd 2014, 3:32 am
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Springy6
Was at the Tower on Saturday - it was great to see so many people there and, without exception, being respectful and reflective. I even managed to spot the 2 poppies I'd bought!
No you didn't they are picked and allocated at random.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Springy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud of

Uncle Bob, I know that - hence the use of the exclamation mark!