pope is dead

Wikiposts

pope is dead

Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

FIRSTIMER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: pope is dead

Originally Posted by snowbunny
So I guess you and Fraser would be in agreement that the Pope doesn't represent Christianity? At least not the version taught in the Bible.
Fraser has more than likely not read the Bible or understood, or else would not make such comments - see past threads. Christanity does not depend on the pope or else it dies with Him. Only what Jesus says matters. Read the bible.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:47 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FIRSTIMER
Christanity does not depend on the pope or else it dies with Him. Only what Jesus says matters. Read the bible.
I have. Several times. Including huge commentaries on the differences between Gospel accounts. Of course, it's a continuous study.

The Catholic religion claims it is the only one true Christian church. Yet it depends on having a hierarchical structure in which the Pope is a necessary intercessor. Directly contrary to the Bible, but hey.

So, what's left to discuss about the Pope?
Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

I have. Several times. Including huge commentaries on the differences between Gospel accounts. Of course, it's a continuous study.

The Catholic religion claims it is the only one true Christian church. Yet it depends on having a hierarchical structure in which the Pope is a necessary intercessor. Directly contrary to the Bible, but hey.

So, what's left to discuss about the Pope?
When next you read the bible, Take note of what Jesus says. Start with Matt. 5. Observe His response to others. It is not a chore. Pick on what He says.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:21 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Only what Jesus says matters. Read the bible.
You seem to be under the illusion that Jesus wrote the bible.
he did not.

The bible is not Gods word. it was written by man, in order to control the masses.

Last edited by Manc; Apr 6th 2005 at 2:04 am.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:53 am
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough
Default Papa John RIP

When King Henry VIII wanted to divorce his wife and marry his pregnant lover, he denounced the Pope and, in a flagrant act of rebellion against Rome, created the Church of England. When Clement VII died in 1534, Henry VIII didn’t even bother to send condolences.

500 years later, heir to the throne Prince Charles has postponed his wedding (to a divorcee) to go to Rome to pay his respects at the funeral of Pope John Paul.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:07 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Papa John RIP

Originally Posted by Gross50
500 years later, heir to the throne Prince Charles has postponed his wedding (to a divorcee) to go to Rome to pay his respects at the funeral of Pope John Paul.
Ah well, his fiancee married in the Catholic church the first go-round, and the Prime Minister is Catholic. The times they are a'changing. Prince Charles also needs some head-of-state intern experience on his resume. The Pope was head of state of the Vatican City.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:11 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

The times they are a'changing.
if they were truly changing, we'd get rid of the lot of them.......... freeloading gits.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

Ah well, his fiancee married in the Catholic church the first go-round, and the Prime Minister is Catholic. The times they are a'changing. Prince Charles also needs some head-of-state intern experience on his resume. The Pope was head of state of the Vatican City.
Blair isn't a catholic yet, only his wife.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:21 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Manc
if they were truly changing, we'd get rid of the lot of them.......... freeloading gits.
You should at least make them do a Survivor show first, after all they've made a lot of money over the last few hundred years. Surely they could entertain in a more straightforward way than making a cockup out of a wedding to someone they didn't fancy enough to marry 30 years ago. I guess she's gotten prettier?
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:23 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by jjmb
Blair isn't a catholic yet, only his wife.
Send Cherie and Camilla's ex-husband then. Surely they are famous enough!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 3:25 am
Just Joined

cornish_pasty is an unknown quantity at this point

Rather unfortunate. A servant of God is a servant to those he/she serves. Remember? "If you want to be great in God's Kingdom you must be a servant of all". There are no high horses in the body of christ, each one valuable.

Unfortunate, because the one I sent a reply has not criticised my spelling, but a Christain.
The Pope is the leader of the Catholic Church. To the Catholics, he holds the highest/ultimate post in this mortal world. You bow before him & kiss his hand, he doesn't kiss yours. He only sees you if & when he wants to, not the other way around.

High horses are aplenty, in every religion. Tell me one religion that hasn't got any sort of ranking.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 4:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cornish_pasty
The Pope is the leader of the Catholic Church. To the Catholics, he holds the highest/ultimate post in this mortal world. You bow before him & kiss his hand, he doesn't kiss yours. He only sees you if & when he wants to, not the other way around.

High horses are aplenty, in every religion. Tell me one religion that hasn't got any sort of ranking.
The passage in the bible I referred to above, was Jesus' response to his disciple's question/arguments about leadership (The book of John) - if you want to be great in God's kingdom you have to be the servant of all.
High horses are plenty in religion, True. But not in Christ- ianity; if indeed He is obeyed. I keep repeating myself - read the bible for yourself.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 4:03 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

The passage in the bible I referred to above, was Jesus' response to his disciple's question/arguments about leadership (The book of John) - if you want to be great in God's kingdom you have to be the servant of all.
High horses are plenty in religion, True. But not in Christ- ianity; if indeed He is obeyed. I keep repeating myself - read the bible for yourself.

Why read some fiction that was written to keep the masses and gullable in line
Old Apr 6th 2005, 4:12 am
@matthewb76

Read the bible.
I have, It's how I came to the conclusion it's a complete load of gibberish.
Only what Jesus says matters.
Well he never made any sense.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 4:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fraser
Why read some fiction that was written to keep the masses and gullable in line
I have a BENG in Chemical and Mineral processing Engineering from Leeds university and a PGDL in Law from the college of Law in london. I currently work in a Barrister's Chamber as a researcher.
The bible is the only book to speak to the heart of man.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.