Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

pope is dead

Wikiposts

pope is dead

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Tooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud of
Default Re: pope is dead

Originally Posted by Franklin
another possible "or" ...

Or they prayed that God's Will be Done.
"Gods Will"? I thought that Mary had all the aces in the Catholic religion?
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 4:15 pm
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

Fakin' 'ell, you lot, have you not looked in TIO today/yesterday. You're opening up another can of worms here! Braver than I, I must say........
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 6:40 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=FIRSTIMER]I must say, you do not see beyond your nose. There is more to life than WAKE UP, JOB,SLEEP; WAKE UP, JOB, SLEEP. Find out. I don't care what you discover, but find out. The "utopia" was NOT promised by him or else it would end with him.[/QUOT

No he was the leader of a religion that promises it's followers that they will go to a better place after this and this life just a rehearsal for that. All based on some fiction that was written 2000 years a go to keep the peasants in line. He was also head of the richest organisation on the planet, yet it sends out begging bowls to the poor on the promise that they will one day go to utopia. Not to mention the churches harbouring of peadophiles
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 10:05 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Not to mention the churches harbouring of paedophiles.
Which is why I don't think there will be an American pope any time soon.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

FIRSTIMER is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=fraser]
Originally Posted by FIRSTIMER
I must say, you do not see beyond your nose. There is more to life than WAKE UP, JOB,SLEEP; WAKE UP, JOB, SLEEP. Find out. I don't care what you discover, but find out. The "utopia" was NOT promised by him or else it would end with him.[/QUOT

No he was the leader of a religion that promises it's followers that they will go to a better place after this and this life just a rehearsal for that. All based on some fiction that was written 2000 years a go to keep the peasants in line. He was also head of the richest organisation on the planet, yet it sends out begging bowls to the poor on the promise that they will one day go to utopia. Not to mention the churches harbouring of peadophiles
Again you are wrong!, he was NOT the "leader" of "religion" rather a "servant" of "Christains". It is very obvious that you are not a christain, yet you speak of christains as though with knowledge. The term is christain and the leader is Jesus.
In truth the past, so called servants acted as dictators, however that does not negate the work of the leader who made himself a servant (Jesus). Please read the bible, start with the book of John and REALLY get to know the leader for yourself.
There are two ways of reading - reading to justify your pre-conceived negative view or a reading to seek the truth. I suggest you adopt the latter in the privacy of your home (don't tell any one what you decide it's up to you, but be honest!)
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 10:31 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Again you are wrong!, he was NOT the "leader" of "religion" rather a "servant" of "Christains". It is very obvious that you are not a christain, yet you speak of christains as though with knowledge. The term is christain and the leader is Jesus.
In truth the past, so called servants acted as dictators, however that does not negate the work of the leader who made himself a servant (Jesus). Please read the bible, start with the book of John and REALLY get to know the leader for yourself.
There are two ways of reading - reading to justify your pre-conceived negative view or a reading to seek the truth. I suggest you adopt the latter in the privacy of your home (don't tell any one what you decide it's up to you, but be honest!)

Madder than a barrel load of monkeys :scared:
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

FIRSTIMER is an unknown quantity at this point

YES! For the first time, a Christain willing to take you on on your excuses.

Madder than a barrel load of monkeys :scared:
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 10:41 pm

:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 11:44 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

The term is christain.
Is this a new religion? Before you get on your high horse (or is it a donkey?) make sure that you know how to spell the word. You've mis-spelled it five times so it can't be a typo.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 1:36 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveC
Is this a new religion? Before you get on your high horse (or is it a donkey?)
mule, surely?
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 5:20 am

Not my own words but true.

This was the most centralised Vatican regime in history. He ruled it for a quarter of a century as the religious equivalent of a totalitarian dictator.

As a consequence, everything that went on in the Church in that period is down to him. The buck stops firmly at his desk. So don't try to argue that he was innocent of the paedophile scandals because he wasn't.

It is safe to assume that (a) he knew all about it; (b) he ordered the cover up that prevented the paedophiles from being caught; and (c) he considered the reputation of the Church more important than the protection of our children from the perverted monsters in his own ranks.

How you can have any sympathy for the man is beyond me. As I say, talk to someone whose child has been molested by one of JPII's priests and ask them how they feel about him.

This is child rape on a huge scale we're talking about - I can't imagine anything more heinous. And your Pope is responsible for it.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute

Not my own words but true.

This was the most centralised Vatican regime in history. He ruled it for a quarter of a century as the religious equivalent of a totalitarian dictator.

As a consequence, everything that went on in the Church in that period is down to him. The buck stops firmly at his desk. So don't try to argue that he was innocent of the paedophile scandals because he wasn't.

It is safe to assume that (a) he knew all about it; (b) he ordered the cover up that prevented the paedophiles from being caught; and (c) he considered the reputation of the Church more important than the protection of our children from the perverted monsters in his own ranks.

How you can have any sympathy for the man is beyond me. As I say, talk to someone whose child has been molested by one of JPII's priests and ask them how they feel about him.

This is child rape on a huge scale we're talking about - I can't imagine anything more heinous. And your Pope is responsible for it.
yes and after all he was just a man, nothing special really! surely the fact that the catholic churches beliefs are dictated by one man means that the religion is very like a cult?
one thing i find hard is the fact that by denouncing the use of contraception, ie the condom, many have been sentanced to death by hiv and aids or at the very least exposed to disease in the name of their faith.
god wont protect you if you choose to not protect yourself.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 2:15 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I am a Christian as defined by the correct SPELLING and definition in the dictionary.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 2:21 am
Just Joined

cornish_pasty is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: pope is dead

A "servant" of "Christains"? This "servant" lived on a poor, dry land called the Vatican...

Btw, did you mean to say: a servant of God? But then again, what do I know, I'm only a christian, not a christain.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 2:24 am

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Time to change your medication dude! (Don't tell anyone what you change to, it's up to you, but find one that works)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.