Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Police records for K3-Little white lie

Police records for K3-Little white lie

Old Sep 17th 2002, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

jsv888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police records for K3-Little white lie

So we sent away for the police record to the address listed on Doc Steens website. We find out two weeks later this is not the correct address. We resent to the correct address, but are now looking at waiting 40 days for it to come through. Meantime Packet3 has arrived and we want to send the checklist back asap to get an interview date before November. However, we don't actually have the police certificate yet. But I'm sure the police certificate will arrive before the interview date. Can we just mark it off the checklist becuase we know it's on its way? Has anyone else done this? Thanks, jsv888
Old Sep 18th 2002, 2:53 am
Possumrex

Default Re: Police records for K3-Little white lie

jsv888 <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > So we sent away for the police record to the address listed on Doc
    > Steens website. We find out two weeks later this is not the correct
    > address. We resent to the correct address, but are now looking at
    > waiting 40 days for it to come through. Meantime Packet3 has arrived and
    > we want to send the checklist back asap to get an interview date before
    > November. However, we don't actually have the police certificate yet.
    > But I'm sure the police certificate will arrive before the interview
    > date. Can we just mark it off the checklist becuase we know it's on its
    > way? Has anyone else done this? Thanks, jsv888

Why did you not verify the address? Why would you assume that
consulting only one source was good enough? No one is getting paid to
maintain that web site. Not even the INS or DoS web sites are always
up to date. You can get away with this little white lie. Even if the
certificate got lost in the mail you could email the consulate to
request a later interview date if you had to. Now give me 20 push-ups
and tighten up!

Old Sep 18th 2002, 7:58 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Possumrex:
    > So we sent away for the police record to the address listed on Doc Steens website. We find out two weeks later this is not the correct address.

Why did you not verify the address? Why would you assume that consulting only one source was good enough? Not even the INS or DoS web sites are always up to date.
Not to hand out any whippings, but only to point out to all...not even the Consulate gives correct information every time! Research and more research! We found at least three instances where the Consulate gave us the wrong address to write to etc & it was through much reading that we were able to get all our paperwork in a timely manner.

To the OP, if you feel confident that you'll receive your report in time for your interview, go for it.
Old Sep 18th 2002, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

jsv888 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Possumrex:
    > So we sent away for the police record to the address listed on Doc
    > Steens website. We find out two weeks later this is not the correct
    > address. We resent to the correct address, but are now looking at
    > waiting 40 days for it to come through. Meantime Packet3 has arrived and
    > we want to send the checklist back asap to get an interview date before
    > November. However, we don't actually have the police certificate yet.
    > But I'm sure the police certificate will arrive before the interview
    > date. Can we just mark it off the checklist becuase we know it's on its
    > way? Has anyone else done this? Thanks, jsv888

Why did you not verify the address? Why would you assume that
consulting only one source was good enough? No one is getting paid to
maintain that web site. Not even the INS or DoS web sites are always
up to date. You can get away with this little white lie. Even if the
certificate got lost in the mail you could email the consulate to
request a later interview date if you had to. Now give me 20 push-ups
and tighten up!
The Doc Steen address is the same one listed on the consulate site. I did double check, but thanks for keeping me in line.
Old Sep 18th 2002, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Originally posted by jsv888:
So we sent away for the police record to the address listed on Doc Steens website. We find out two weeks later this is not the correct address. We resent to the correct address, but are now looking at waiting 40 days for it to come through. Meantime Packet3 has arrived and we want to send the checklist back asap to get an interview date before November. However, we don't actually have the police certificate yet. But I'm sure the police certificate will arrive before the interview date. Can we just mark it off the checklist becuase we know it's on its way? Has anyone else done this? Thanks, jsv888

Hi,
I'm only assuming that you are filing in London (as I've not seen a reference to 40 days in any other country) maybe I'm wrong, however,
If it is England I'd be interested to know which address you
sent it to and maybe I can help.
If it's not England, I'm sure someone else can help you.
Old Sep 19th 2002, 5:31 pm
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Police records for K3-Little white lie

Originally posted by jsv888:
Hi - you could have just checked with your local police station for a form, which would have had the address to return it to. At least that's what I did. As it happens, having lived in Northern Ireland all my life I wasn't sure if I needed a mainland certificate and got one anyway. After sending off for it (and receiving it within about 2 weeks) I found out I didn't need it....the NI one was enough.

Sam