POE Dulles or BWI

POE Dulles or BWI

Old Sep 20th 2003, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex Teesside, England Now in Edgewater, Maryland USA
Daveyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default POE Dulles or BWI

Hello folks.
Im planning ahead here and wondered which of these places would be the best for POE. Has anyone experienced any problems at either and any advice relating to them and general POE advice. Ive heard that sometimes you dont get your EAD or woteva when you should depnding on whether the officer you see knows or can be bothered to issue it.
Thanks for any help
Dave
Old Sep 20th 2003, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: POE Dulles or BWI

Originally posted by Daveyboy
Hello folks.
Im planning ahead here and wondered which of these places would be the best for POE. Has anyone experienced any problems at either and any advice relating to them and general POE advice. Ive heard that sometimes you dont get your EAD or woteva when you should depnding on whether the officer you see knows or can be bothered to issue it.
Thanks for any help
Dave
I came through BWI as POE on a K-1 visa, but this was 2 years ago. It was very painless as I was the only person who had to go through secondary processing, and the immigration staff were very friendly. I did not however, get an EAD. My guess is that BWI doesn't get a lot of K-1 traffic....

I came through Dulles once, with Advanced Parole, and it's much more of a circus with lots of people and some waiting involved. I have no idea about getting an EAD there...
Old Sep 21st 2003, 5:03 am
At last in Josh's arms =)

JoshsCarole is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Dave!

Have a look at this website :
http://www.k1poelist.com/

Good luck!

Carole
Old Sep 21st 2003, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Default Thanks

Thanks folks.
Old Sep 21st 2003, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: POE Dulles or BWI

Originally posted by Daveyboy
Hello folks.
Thanks for any help
Dave
If I knew what you were talking about, I may be able to answer
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Default POE

Dear Suebo,
tell me what part you dont understand and I'll try and explain it to you so you do. Seems fairly straightforward and understandable to those who have already replied. I can use simpler words and smaller sentences if you wish.
If this note seems a bit sarcastic or insulting its only because I feel your response to my posting was.
We're all in this together trying to help each other so if you want to help I'll be grateful, otherwise dont reply.
Have a nice day,
Dave
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: POE

Crawl back in you box, you sarcastic little sh#t. I do not have any idea what the heck you are talking about, so don't try and belittle me with you stupid remarks. It don't work...PR#CK.
Don't have a nice day
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Now that I have read the link from Carole, I know what you are talking about. But there is still no need to be such a wanker. I only looked at the topic coz it said Dulles or BWI, so as these being my two closest ariports, I though I may be able to help someone. But don't think for one minute that I will be opening another of your posts, even if I can help I WILL NOT. Goodbye I will not be responding to any trash that you post after this message.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 3:49 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I had no idea they even issued EAD's at airports on arrival.

Don't you get them from the local BCIS office?
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by suebo
Now that I have read the link from Carole, I know what you are talking about. But there is still no need to be such a wanker. I only looked at the topic coz it said Dulles or BWI, so as these being my two closest ariports, I though I may be able to help someone. But don't think for one minute that I will be opening another of your posts, even if I can help I WILL NOT. Goodbye I will not be responding to any trash that you post after this message.
Sorry but I still cant see why you need a link to understand my question.
If you thought you could help then why not just do that instead of making out I'm a wanker as you put it. Take yourself in hand, literally.
Goodbye.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Default POE

Originally posted by manc1976
I had no idea they even issued EAD's at airports on arrival.

Don't you get them from the local BCIS office?
Now that Ive been looking into it I found out that there are certain airports like JFK and Atlanta that issue EADs which means saving time once youre in the US. If you use the link that Carole gave in her post in this thread its pretty useful. I'm still trying to get my head round it all.
Cheers
Dave
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point
Question

Dulles is in Washington DC, BWI is Baltimore Washington International.

what the heck has Texas got to do with the price of fish?
You're right! Why the hell do people ask these questions? Just come in through either one of the airports.. geez. This is the least of anyone's problems.

BWI is not a good airport. I've had to go there a few times and it is poorly designed and overcrowded. That is my opinion. Go to Washington D.C. I don't care!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 5:18 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jaytee
You're right! Why the hell do people ask these questions? Just come in through either one of the airports.. geez. This is the least of anyone's problems.

BWI is not a good airport. I've had to go there a few times and it is poorly designed and overcrowded. That is my opinion. Go to Washington D.C. I don't care!

someone wrote about Texas BCIS being broke. I think they misread Dulles for Dallas is all.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point

someone wrote about Texas BCIS being broke. I think they misread Dulles for Dallas is all.

yeah, that was me. I deleted the post.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 5:46 pm
@matthewb76

oooh! well then, erm. yeah. Dallas/Dulles, all the same really.

If I was him I'd try running across the border at San Ysidro, much more adventurous.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.