Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

please explain h1-b quota!!!

please explain h1-b quota!!!

Old Sep 14th 2005, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really nice
Default please explain h1-b quota!!!

if i wanted to be working in us in 2008, when would i need to get employer to apply???
and how fast is the paperwork???
thanks!
Old Sep 14th 2005, 10:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: please explain h1-b quota!!!

Originally Posted by Hudman
if i wanted to be working in us in 2008, when would i need to get employer to apply???
and how fast is the paperwork???
thanks!
best bet would be to check out the visa section...

but anyway, if things don't change between now and then, which they seem to always be doing, you would be able to apply in April for a visa to be issued for work starting in Oct '08....and the length of processing really depends on whether you bother to pay the extra $1K to expedite it or not, and what the job was, well it is is in the quota or not.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 11:14 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
best bet would be to check out the visa section...

but anyway, if things don't change between now and then, which they seem to always be doing, you would be able to apply in April for a visa to be issued for work starting in Oct '08....and the length of processing really depends on whether you bother to pay the extra $1K to expedite it or not, and what the job was, well it is is in the quota or not.
Surely you mean Oct '06, Bob?

EDIT: Ignore me, I didn't read the OP, as ******' usual!
Old Sep 15th 2005, 2:03 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Surely you mean Oct '06, Bob?

EDIT: Ignore me, I didn't read the OP, as ******' usual!
hehe