Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Please advice...

Please advice...

Old Mar 20th 2001, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

vinay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

First of all let me introduce myself... I am from India, right now working in United States(under H1 visa). I have been working in U.S for more than 2 years. Coming to my personal side, I am in love for more than 4 years. Right now my girl is in India..

My problem.....
Our parents are totally against our love. It's been 2 years we waited for our parents approval. But they are still against us. Now we deceided to get married without our parents knowledge and bring my girl here(to U.S) so that we can settle in our life.

Need advice...
When I apply for the H4 visa, I learnt that I have to proudce the marriage certificate and approx. 30 to 40 photographs(marriage photos). I can produce my marriage certificate but at the same time I cannot prouduce phographs with my parents(since they wont come for our marriage)..And since my marriage is going to take place in the register office (In INDIA)...I can take only minimum photographs that too only with my friends. So in this case if I am asked to proudce more phototgraphs(which I cannot do so) then what will happen? will the H4 visa get rejected...?

I need somebody's valuable advice on how to go about this.

Thanx in advance..

Regards,
vinay