Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Planning visit back home, visa for Colombian wife

Planning visit back home, visa for Colombian wife

Old Sep 26th 2012, 3:26 am
Just Joined

thebruge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Planning visit back home, visa for Colombian wife

Hi all, hoping someone here might be able to give some guidance.

We're living in NC and have been for 2 years now, we're planning a trip back home next year and because my wife is Colombian and requires a visa. Looking at the UK FCO website they seem to want a lot of information, bank statements, letters of invites etc.

She's had a temp visa to live in the UK before and is married to a UK citizen, so does it need to be this complicated?

Has anyone had some similar experience in the past?

Thanks a lot,

Rich
Old Sep 26th 2012, 3:58 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planning visit back home, visa for Colombian wife

Originally Posted by thebruge
Hi all, hoping someone here might be able to give some guidance.

We're living in NC and have been for 2 years now, we're planning a trip back home next year and because my wife is Colombian and requires a visa. Looking at the UK FCO website they seem to want a lot of information, bank statements, letters of invites etc.

She's had a temp visa to live in the UK before and is married to a UK citizen, so does it need to be this complicated?

Has anyone had some similar experience in the past?

Thanks a lot,

Rich
You might want to ask over at www.uk-yankee.com. They have a discussion forum similar to this one, but for people wanting to visit the UK. This forum is specific to entering and living in the USA.

In general, I'd say she needs to follow whatever the instructions are for getting a visitor visa to the UK. Having a UKC husband doesn't help her, and neither does having had a prior visa to the UK. This is a new application.

Rene
Old Sep 26th 2012, 4:05 am
Just Joined

thebruge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Planning visit back home, visa for Colombian wife

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You might want to ask over at www.uk-yankee.com. They have a discussion forum similar to this one, but for people wanting to visit the UK. This forum is specific to entering and living in the USA.

In general, I'd say she needs to follow whatever the instructions are for getting a visitor visa to the UK. Having a UKC husband doesn't help her, and neither does having had a prior visa to the UK. This is a new application.

Rene
Thanks Rene, that's what I'd thought but was just throwing it out there