Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Planet Cuckoo

Planet Cuckoo

Old Dec 18th 2007, 2:17 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Planet Cuckoo

Girl 10 - arrested for eating a steak with a steak knife at school

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317202,00.html
Old Dec 18th 2007, 2:25 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planet Cuckoo

Originally Posted by franc11s

More media hype over nothing. Sounds like standard procedure. The alternative news story would have been when a parent of another kid at the school went to the news because their kid came home and said that someone at school had a knife and the school knew but did nothing about it.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 2:41 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil
More media hype over nothing. Sounds like standard procedure. The alternative news story would have been when a parent of another kid at the school went to the news because their kid came home and said that someone at school had a knife and the school knew but did nothing about it.
I disagree. It really makes me sad. I'm sure it's kind of an unusual occurance or it wouldn't have made the news, but the fact that it occured at all still concerns me.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 2:55 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah - but the steak knife was 6ft long and the steak only 4" in length. And he story was a blessing for Fox, otherwise they would have to discuss current events and that is never good for any republican
Old Dec 18th 2007, 2:56 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I disagree. It really makes me sad. I'm sure it's kind of an unusual occurance or it wouldn't have made the news, but the fact that it occured at all still concerns me.
If you have a zero tolerance approach to things like weapons in schools then this sort of thing is bound to happen. It's unfortunate that this is the way things are. There aren't enough facts in the article to know what the real situation was - I'm sure there are plenty of cases where something like this incident happens but doesn't go that far, so it seems that maybe there were concerns over this particular child - were they a troublemaker anyway?
Old Dec 18th 2007, 3:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

This is so friggin stupid. Really makes me seriously consider home-schooling our future children. If she threatened someone, that's one thing. Guess she should have picked up the steak with her fingers and bit it. That's what she gets for using manners.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 3:08 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
This is so friggin stupid. Really makes me seriously consider home-schooling our future children. If she threatened someone, that's one thing. Guess she should have picked up the steak with her fingers and bit it. That's what she gets for using manners.

Or used a school issued spork!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 18th 2007, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Crazy world.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 3:31 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotch03
Yeah - but the steak knife was 6ft long and the steak only 4" in length. And he story was a blessing for Fox, otherwise they would have to discuss current events and that is never good for any republican
I even heard that the girl had to pull repeatedly on some sort of string attached to the knife in order to be able to cut the steak.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 3:32 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Or used a school issued spork!!!!!!!!
While you still can! It won't be long before some angst ridden, self absorbed pubescent idiot commits a mass school sporking in a fit of imbecilic "I'LL SHOW THEM!!!1!1" rage and all of our children will be eating mush through a straw. Parents will appear, clueless on the news, there will be footage of kids sobbing, school therapists will secretly revel in the fact that they have something to do besides tell Johnny he's just misunderstood, one of the surviviors will be interviewed while lying abed in recovery..."I was just walking to class and he came at me, I could see the spork in his hand, it was weird, like in slow motion, ya know? The next thing I knew I was laying on the hall floor. I realised i had been sporked." The Doctor by the bedside will chime in with a professional comment, "The spork wounds by the thrusting action of the three tiny "psuedo tines", the trauma is horrific, on par with the worst of gerbil bites."

Mark my words...
Old Dec 18th 2007, 3:33 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Can't imagine what would happen if she used a spoon for the pudding.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 3:34 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

We never got steak at school.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
We never got steak at school.
She took her own in.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 3:37 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
She took her own in.
One of my teachers would have taken it from me and eaten it themselves.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 3:38 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
While you still can! It won't be long before some angst ridden, self absorbed pubescent idiot commits a mass school sporking in a fit of imbecilic "I'LL SHOW THEM!!!1!1" rage and all of our children will be eating mush through a straw. Parents will appear, clueless on the news, there will be footage of kids sobbing, school therapists will secretly revel in the fact that they have something to do besides tell Johnny he's just misunderstood, one of the surviviors will be interviewed while lying abed in recovery..."I was just walking to class and he came at me, I could see the spork in his hand, it was weird, like in slow motion, ya know? The next thing I knew I was laying on the hall floor. I realised i had been sporked." The Doctor by the bedside will chime in with a professional comment, "The spork wounds by the thrusting action of the three tiny "psuedo tines", the trauma is horrific, on par with the worst of gerbil bites."

And don't forget "Another School Sporking" thread appearing in the forum and the whole spork control debate.....

I blame the parents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.